Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm Outtaaa Heeeeere

I'm off, folks. Just another normal night ahead..again. Last night I got roped into an evening of drinks and caviar at the Four Seasons with the big bossman. Tonight I'm flying down to DC with him -- you might remember how cool it is to fly with this bossman. Normal.

So I'll be in the nation's cap-i-tal tonight and tomorrow before eventually flying to Chicago for the big weekend back at school. It's homecoming, my first time returning to school since February 2003, and it's Northwestern's time to shine under the lights.

But the purple-tinged hype is building...and I don't like it.

Such is the unfortunate case in the aftermath of ESPN's latest article on Northwestern's resurgence. C'mon fellas, just let us play the role of home underdog this weekend and allow us to ride off into the dark violet sunset as courageous victors. The more people that jump on the bandwagon before this game, the less likely we are to break right through that line.

Bet on Michigan everyone -- that'll help our chances. And speaking of, here are my quickie football picks for Sunday (still above .500, but just barely): *Giants, Bengals, Bears, Panthers, Raiders, *Cardinals, Browns, Dolphins, *Jaguars, Chargers, Bucs, Eagles, Pats, Steelers.

Slack Songs for Friday: Since I'll be out all day tomorrow, here's a nice list of tunes to keep you occupied -- Thank You For Sending Me an Angel > Further on Up the Road > Bags' Groove > Crosseyed and Painless > Ophelia > Girl from Ipanema > Highway 61 Revisited > Heart and Soul > Playin' in the Band > Blue Rondo a la Turk.

That should do it. Enjoy the weekend. Go U Huskies.

4 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Call my ass when you get to Chicago.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger ethan said...

i'm doug and you're dad.

awesome. go cats.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hail to the Victors!!!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you get when you cross a Northwestern graduate and a pig?

Nothing. There are some things even a pig won't do.

visit my website, http://www.iwc.pair.com/hall_oates/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home