Thursday, October 06, 2005

Quotes of the Day

Before I lay it on youse, let me first say that I understand it's not wise to blindly trust the Palestinian Foreign Minister and take him at his word. But this just seems like something the president would actually say, and at this point, I think I'd trust a member of the Palestinian delegation before I'd trust the word of this administration:

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'" --Nabil Shaath

Interestingly enough, Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas is quoted today as saying something frighteningly similar, only using slightly different phrasing:

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." --President Bush, according to Abbas

These are both very comforting statements. God bless America.

4 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Curly Maple said...

George Bush scares me..."God told me to..." That's what the folks he's fighting use as an excuse. What an unoriginal D-bag.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

I love the "God told me" rationale. It can get you out of any problem since God can never be wrong.

"God told me there was grass on the field..."

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Any truth to the rumor that I looked at a hog and I saw me a mule then I looked for a cow and I saw me a few?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Don't ya tell Henry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home