Thursday, October 20, 2005

SalADD

Does anyone else have attention deficit disorder specifically related to preparing and ingesting salads?

Every time I go up to the cafeteria I think, "Hey, I don't have to have that delicious buffalo chicken wrap with extra blue cheese, I can just have a salad." Then I throw in the ingredients, spice it up a bit with some cool toppings, smother it all in a wicked vinaigrette and come back down to eat it quietly at my desk.

Only, and this happens every time out, I take about four bites and immediately determine I shall never do this again. I have no interest in finishing this leafy repast. None.

I'm off to get a Snickers.

7 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger ethan said...

so you just throw it away? what if your buddy gets one too? do you try to toss his salad?

gosh i'm clever.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Chefra said...

Ace,
Try this. Make up your tastiest salad creation (hold the dressing), walk on over to your grill person, tell them to slice up a tasty Buffalo chicken breast, and throw it on top of your salad. Top with some blue cheese dressing and there you have it. Healthy, maybe not really. Tasty, yes.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks chefra, that's a friggin' great idea...but then it would also really defeat the purpose of having a salad. So I'm confused again.

Ethan, you're a clever bitch.

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Chefra said...

I see this done everyday by the 300+ lb. women that come into my cafe. They are all on this health kick, trying to lose weight, and they think that as long as they put their double bacon chee on a bed of mesclun greens with some sprouts, the weights gonna pour off. In your case, a grilled chicken breast with some Frank's on it isn't bad for you. Take it easy on the blue cheese and your golden.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger ethan said...

300 pound women licking bleu cheese - isn't there something like that on o'reilly's phone transcripts in the above post?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger ahren said...

i'm addicted to salad.

what got me was finally learning to be able to feel the difference between what the carbohydrates from vegetables give to my body vs. shittier carbs like sucrose... and now i simply can't stop fantasizing about salad all day long. it's sick. and ruins my rep as one of the world's most militant meat-endorsers.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

You might as well face it you're addicted to salad.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Maybe if Bobby Palmer ate more salad he'd still be a live. Something to think about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home