Monday, November 14, 2005

Go Balloons

Congratulations are due to someone in the U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms' office.

At 3:04 pm, you, sir or madam, became the 100,000th visitor to Slack LaLane. Please e-mail our management to claim your set of steak knives.

I'm not sure why anyone based on Capitol Hill would be reading this here rag, but for a moment I got a little paranoid. Then I saw that this person came to Slack looking for the Phish reunion Utica post, and now I'm more concerned that dirty, patchouli-stinkin' hippies have infiltrated the Senate Sergeant at Arms' office.

And if that's the case, instead of steak knives, you can trade in the gift for a set of vegan placemats.

Good day, sir! I said good day!

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

You sure it wasn't the Sargeant at Flailing Arms' office?

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger ethan said...

big ups to ya ace. i recently had my 100th (note the lack of 3 extra 0's) visitor and my blog's been around twice as long as slack. i rule.

also, since there'll be no AD tonite, i will be spending the time from 8-8:30pm thinking non-stop about tobias in a mole suit and GM in a jet pack.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Sergeant at arms, huh? Wasn't He-Man's friend known as the master at arms, a.k.a. Duncan? So maybe it was that big pothead, Orko, the hovering hooded sweat-shirt, that logged in.

Congrats (and congrats to me for my 1/1000 contribution to luring people to the site. maybe I should post again to take advantage of your wild popularity? hmmmmmmm)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

I believe it was "Man-At-Arms." And it was definitely Orko for your 100,000th (Congrats, by the way). He was always pissed that he never got a skin-tight loin cloth like everyone else, and it drove him to capitol hill to try and enact change. He's my cousin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home