Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Greatest American Video

This video was yesterday's Link of the Day, so I'm sure most of you have already viewed it. But I felt the need to extract it and paste it in its own post, because when the world is beating you down, you can always come here and watch it repeatedly.

Besides, if you don't stop by and laugh at this thing at least three times today, the terrorists win. And not only do the terrorists win, but the old school Russians do too. And maybe the Libyans. But definitely the terrorists and the commies. So watch it...for the keeeds:

Senior year in college, we coerced our buddy Mitchell VergerDartz III to plunk down 20 American dollars for an awesome compilation of the funniest of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Some were spine-tinglingly hilarious, some elicited not much more than a lame snicker. But one home video was so pee-pantsingly hysterical, we rewound it about 100 times and remained in a lingering state of doubled-over laughter for minutes at a time.

And wouldn't you know it, after years without seeing the clip, I came across it today on the world wide web. Now the quality of this video isn't very good, so imagine just how funny this thing would be if it were crystal clear.

Without spoiling the clip, keep an eye on the running kid, but I implore you to pay close atttention to the reaction of guy in the back row of the stands right in front of the camera: priceless. I hereby give you, the greatest amateur video ever recorded.

Slack Song of the Day: Tickets for December's Railroad Earth show at the Bowery Ballroom are now on sale...I haven't bought mine yet, but I'll surely be in attendance. Here are a couple tunes from their last Bowery performance on May 21: Long Way to Go, Colorado, Mighty River and the old From Good Homes tune I am a Mess.

8 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger hoobs said...

can you also find the video of the monkey scratching itself, smelling its hand, and then passing out from the smell?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Nope, but I found this one:

Monkey fun.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger MDS said...

Can any techie-types explain why those videos don't run on Firefox for Windows? I've watched them on Internet Explorer and on Firefox for Mac (yes, Ace, I've already clicked your link multiple times, and you're right, it is hilarious) but for some reason I just get a blank screen on my PC using Firefox.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

While I'm not a techie type, that video is running fine on my Windows Firefox, all 3 times I've clicked it. You're probably missing some plugin.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

You need the Macromedia Flash Player plug-in for Firefox to play it. I just got a new laptop and installed Firefox this morning. When I went to play the video, I got prompted to install the plug-in. I believe you can get it on the Firefox home page as well.

Click here to download the plug in.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Um, you guys know there's a charge for computer service, right? Send one ganja gooball to the address on the bottom of your screen.

Now get outta here, ya geeks.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger jakezebra said...

Ahhh, do you guys ever talk about anything but servers?

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger brucey mcbruce said...

Finally, that five seconds of pure hilarity has been unearthed. There's nothing like laughing at the expense of a broken little boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home