Monday, November 07, 2005

Inactivity

The girl sitting next to me at work ran in the New York City marathon yesterday. Not only that, she ran it in less than four hours. Our friend Korb finished the race in three hours and 39 minutes.

Yesterday I sat on Snacks' couch, got stoned and ate a few bags of potato chips while watching football. Then I came home and did the exact same thing on my couch, except I added non-sports television programming and cookies to the mix at home.

The question isn't why do I look and feel more tired than she does today. The real question is, why would anyone choose to run 26 miles when they could just sit there and watch other people run around?

Twenty-six miles? I'll never understand the world.

7 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger ahren said...

did you see family guy?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I did. Easily the best one of the season...hysterical. Biting commentary, too.

Do you own a TV now?

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Best Simpsons rip thus far.

"Who the hell's this guy?"

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Pffft. Marathons are child's play. In all seriousness, competing in something like a marathon is a really fulfilling thing to do. The greatest I've ever felt in my entire life was when I broke the tape at Ironman. Pluss it's just a healthy way to live. I'd say my runner/triathlete lifestyle is half the reason that I'm so damned attractive.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Russell Kahn said...

I actually did a stand-up routine about this once. About how I used to have all these goals as a kid--one of which was to run a marathon.

Anyway, later on in life I talked to some folks who ran the marathon. And they told me that their nipples were bleeding by the end of the race (from the chafing caused by running 26.2 freakin' miles).

So as an adult I've set new goals in my life: never have bleeding nipples.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember thos old Adidas ads with the "Runners... yeah, we're different" theme? Those were awesome. There was one that had Todd Williams (I think) putting bandaids on his nipples.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Bleeding nipples...band name?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home