Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Play It, Leo

Ladies and gentlemen...Mr. Page McConnell. He lives.

For the encore of Trey's show at the Roseland Ballroom, a new duo called "Halfway There" debuted with three old and familiar tunes. You can read all about it right here.

The Chairman of the Boards and the Bad Lieutenant, back in action -- always a great time. I'd be remiss if I didn't point out a great guest appearance by John Medeski for the second encore, the 900th time I've seen him on stage this year. I love when good things happen.

Slack Song of the Day: In honor of last night's pleasantness, here's the always tender Strange Design from the epic 12/31/95 New Year's show at Madison Square Garden.

Slack Anniversary of the Day: 11/9/98 doubles as one of the best concerts I've ever attended and the very last time I ate mushrooms. I may grow old, I may get Alzheimer's, but there is no way in hell I'll ever forget this night as long as I'm on this here Earth.

There's nothing quite like vomiting up some food poisining next to the ketchup and mustard dispensers next to the concessions stand and having a random hippie pat you on the back and say, "Happened to me in Vegas, man, happened to me in Vegas." I love this world.

(Thanks to danfun for these pics.)

9 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger NewmRadio said...

wow ace, sounds awsome! nice shroom story too.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, great night...great night last night, great night seven years ago. All great.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

yeah sounds like a great night...it's looking like my choice to go the isles-devils game might've been a poor one, although it did cost about half the price and the islanders won.

i finally got my tea leaf green tickets though, gonna go both nights, but still haven't decided on umphreys yet.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I'm only goin to Umphreys on Saturday, then over to TLG afterwards. Lotta TLG next weekend, and I'm pretty pumped.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Monk said...

Oh man... Page? All my sources had me put down money on Gordo rolling out.

I so wish I was there.

-Monk

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Gordo, that's old hat. Been there, done that. It's Page's time, now.

Good to see Page out and about around town...I feared he had finally succumbed to Parkinson's.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

I have long said that you can tell a hell of a lot about somebody by who their favorite Beatle is. As far as I'm concerened, no answer other than George Harrison is correct.

Same way about someone's favorite member of Phish...Page is far and away the best answer to "Who was your favorite member of Phish." P-Mac rocks.

Sounds like a great show, Ace...It's been great rehashing old memories!

McConnell in '08!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous handstand said...

I respectfully disagree Fritz.

I don't play air piano when I'm rocking out to a sweet Phish jam, if that's any indication.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

And I'm actually a Mike guy, though I do love the air guitar. So that's one vote for Page, one for Cactus, one for Trey. And everyone likes Fishman. So these guys are a good band, then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home