Friday, November 25, 2005

Posturkey

So...for what did you give thanks yesterday?

Friends? Family? The good health of your friends and family? The good health of Pat Morita**? Getting waaasted off tryptophan, brah? The former Canadian Minister of Defence (and Movies) having the balls to caution us about intergalactic warfare? Living in a world that raises men to punch preachers in the face? My answer: all of it. All of it.

Called in to the bossman, I'm workin' from home today, and only a half-day. For that, I'm truly thankful. Boxer shorts and bingers...

Slack Song of the Day: One thing Umphrey's McGee does better than just about any band in the country is their ability to nail the composed sections of any cover song. Case in point, this Making Flippy Floppy from 12/11/04 at the 9:30 Club in DC. It's virtually impossible to play this Talking Heads tune any better than UM does.

I'm also a big fan of this Baba O'Riley and Hot for Teacher from the night before that show, 12/10/04 at New York's Irving Plaza.

Slack Video of the Day: YEM, NYE '03, MIAMI.

**UPDATE** Scratch that one, actor Pat Morita just died. That's a little bit of a sad one. Sad for me, sad for you, sad for Daniel-san. I wonder if he'll make Jesus paint the fence. Live or die, God?

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Trix said...

Oh, no! Not Mr. Miyagi! I hadn't heard. My day is now ruined.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger MDS said...

The first Karate Kid really was a great movie. Morita richly deserved the Oscar nomination he got for it. I wonder how much participation in martial arts increased after that movie came out. It must have been like gold for anyone who owned a martial arts studio.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger abby said...

I gave thanks for having to come to work today. It's really awesome.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

INTERGalactic warfare. Holy Crap. Not just plain old Galactic warfare. I think the nearest Galaxy is like 64 Million light years away or something. They have good weed in Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home