Thursday, November 10, 2005

That's None of Your Business, Rupert

This screen grab isn't exactly what you think it is, but this did actually air on the fair and balanced network. Just remember, FOX News asks the tough questions when other cable news outlets are too afraid.

They're actually referencing this recent story about a case before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. I thought I was a pretty liberal guy, but even I think this is a fairly ridiculous ruling. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm not up all the specifics (lotta ins, lotta outs), but asking first graders about their thoughts on sex seems a little unnecessary.

Shit, first grade? A first-grade teacher could probably reel off a sentence like "semen pussy cock Dirty Sanchez" and the students would respond gleefully "sailors cat rooster Spic who mows my parents' lawn" without so much as a childish giggle.

Yeah, I'm shocked too, those first-graders are fuckin' racist.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

That headline or screen grab or whatever would generate some interesting results if it were posted as a poll somewhere.

As if there is anything else to think about........

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Or you could have Mulgrew's answer: do I count my own?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger MDS said...

Ace, why do you object to the ruling? How would it be possible to run a school if each individual parent got to dictate every word that comes out of every teacher's mouth?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I don't necessarily object to the ruling, but I just find it so hard to believe we need to defend people that want to ask first graders about sex and call it psychology, all the while getting parental permission without being specific. Maybe that's the fault of the parents for not asking what would exactly be on the questionaire, but it just seems ridiculous to me.

They were trying to find out about early childhood trauma? Wouldn't it be somewhat traumatic to be 7 years old and have apiece of paper pepper you with questions about sex you've never thought about? I don't know, just seems creepy to me.

I'm all for keeping parents away from the schools, and I guess it's not the ruling that bothers me, it's the trangressions that led to the lawsuit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home