Friday, December 23, 2005

Like a Grindstone Cowboy

I'm back at work. Three days of nothing, now one in the office and then I'm out of here for the year at 5 pm.

I'd like to thank the transit douches for allowing me to play the part of Peggy Bundy for the middle three days of this week. Even though you guys accomplished absolutely nothing and garnered about as much sympathy as the Runaway Bride, I'm glad you illegally walked out of your cushy jobs for no reason.

My hat goes off to you for giving me three days off, and I wish you luck in gaining back whatever leverage you had on Monday afternoon. Lemmings, all of you. Yeah yeah, truly.

As a result of my absence, I have lots to catch up on here in the office -- what's an office? -- so I must take leave of you fine folks. In my stead, I'll set you up with this hot picture of Osama bin Laden's niece.

Where's bin Laden been since 9/11? My guess is he's underground beating off to pictures of his niece every four hours, wishing he can stick it in her dank cave. Yowza, the emergency first responders in my pants have been called to action.

Slack Link of the Day: I'm a yuge fan of this little number I found this week while doing nothing: "Why you should continue to date me: a series of charts and graphs" [via Culture Hole]

Slack Drunkards of the Day: The British House of Commons, what a bunch of inebriated wig-wearers -- "...the Commons recently consumed almost 800 pints of alcoholic drink for every day it sat."

Slack Videos of the Day: If I plug the Sugarmegs site 100 times it still wouldn't be enough -- you people need to check out what's available on there.

Today's featured video selection: Sly and the Family Stone's I Want to Take You Higher from 7/4/1969. The site also has four more Sly videos, at much longer length. But then again, with awesomely cool black men, longer length generally applies.

Slack Song of the Day: Robert Walter's Super Heavy Organ from 8/19/05 -- Kickin Up Dust, Hardware, En Cuervo, and Instant Karma. RWSHO is Robert Walter on B3, Rhodes and Clavinet, Skerik on sax, Johnny Vidacovich on drums, on James Singleton on stand-up bass. And they're layin' down some serious jazz.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

Terrific list. This will certainly get me through the last damn day before the break...

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger ahren said...

skerik is a creepy little bugger...

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah he is, but he sure can blow...

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger ginab said...

Lemme guess, the neice no longer sings for her supper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home