Monday, December 19, 2005

We Do Not Condone Torture

Researchers Find Barbie Is Often Mutilated.

**UPDATE**
"A human rights group is alleging the United States operated a secret prison near Afghanistan's capital as recently as last year.

The group claims that music by Eminem and Dr. Dre were used as instruments of torture.

New York-based Human Rights Watch has issued a report saying the United States operated a secret prison in Afghanistan and tortured detainees. The report quoted an Ethiopian-born detainee as saying he was kept in a pitch-black prison and forced to listen to Eminem and Dr. Dre’s rap music for 20 days before the music was replaced by 'horrible ghost laughter and Halloween sounds.'"

6 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Researchers had to study that? I've got a crate of barbies in my basement with various missing limbs and multicolored magic markered hair that could have saved them the trouble.

But it's only because little girls subconsciously know that if your tits are that big, there's no way that your waist will be that small.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger ginab said...

On Barbie, I'll admit, that as a little girl I would pop her head off, fill her (or so I thought) with the neighbor's pool water, plunk her in the pool, watch her sink to the bottom, and I would dive in after her.

"Rescue" was not on my mind.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I've often said, it's only normal for little girls to mutilate.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger ethan said...

i find it suspicious that an ethiopian detained in an afghani prison would know what halloween noises are.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger MDS said...

I had a teacher in middle school who had a cabinet full of naked, mutilated Barbie dolls. Why he had this cabinet I don't think was ever clear, but he was a weird guy in many ways, and this was in no way out of character.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger ginab said...

Glad to make your said dreams ring true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home