Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Coastal Narnia Rap Battle Is On

Are these two West Coast Jews trying to cash in on the success of the now world-famous SNL short "Lazy Sunday," or are they some honest California rappers answering their East Coast counterparts in the only way they know how?

Mark Feuerstein and Adam Stein have officially responded to SNL's Parnell and Samberg duo, producing and releasing a not-as-funny short called the "Color Me Mine" rap, aka "Lazy Monday."

It's clever, but I think this one will suffer from the lack of "Double True" and "Droppin' Hamiltons" immortal type of lines. Also, it's a pretty transparent attempt at piggybacking in the search for fame (and Feuerstein was great in The West Wing, he's better than this).

I like Handstand the Edler's take: "Its definitely not as funny, but the concept of feuding fake rappers is hilarious." Truer words ne'er been spoken, Handstand.

Nonetheless, the NARNIA RAP BATTLE begins. Please, fellas, I ask you for the kids' sake, just let it be bloodless.

(Thanks to Slack loyalist MDS for the tip.)

10 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Gooooo...That was horrendous. If this is what entertainmnet in America is going to be in 2006, I'm going back to Mexico.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Anything for 15 minutes, ya know? "Get Famous Quick (and Make a Buck Doin' It)" has replaced "Get Rich Quick."

And we gotta just live with it. Or ignore these people. But I posted this link, so clearly I'm not ignoring them. I'm part of the problem.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger MDS said...

I'm wondering if people who have lived in Southern California like this video better than those who haven't. So far, that's what I've found among the small sample size of people I know who have seen this.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous SpanishMiguel said...

Not only are they less funny, but they're decidedly worse rappers.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I think the consensus is "funny because it's a West Coast retort, not funny because it's just not that funny."

Quick turnaround time, though!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger ethan said...

"they're decidedly worse rappers."

ooo, that's just addin fuel to the east-west fire. next the narnia crew will put something out about fucking feuustein's wife.

then all we'll need is a big fat scary jewish guy to play suge knight.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

If my computer wasn't a piece of shit, I'd be able to watch it, but I'll take your collectvie words on it. When people resort to lifting ideas off SNL, you know the world has gone to some horrible, horrible place. With that said, we need more cowbell!!

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

look on the site- their biggest fan poct is the funniest thing on there.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think its good me and my frends are tryin to do a rap a bit like the narnia one those gys dont no wat thayv started

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought it was funny but thats probley becouse i live in southern california but i didnt really like the narnia i thought it was retarted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home