Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm Not Collecting $200

Uh oh, does my future hold some metals bars, time in the yard and repeatedly unwelcome rogerings after lights out?

"Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime. It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under your real name. Thank Congress for small favors, I guess."

Well then, thank you Congress for one of the most vaguely written pieces of legislation I've ever seen. And thank the awesome gods that all of America's other problems have apparently been solved.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger ethan said...

wait, what? freedom of speech is conditional?

this is clearly the initial step towards government-regulated internet. great.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

Damn it. I'll keep my scathing responses to you to a minimum.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger The Bourbon Samurai said...

Crap. I guess I should go into hiding.

I'll need to find a space big enough to fit everyone I know, however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home