Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Non-Party Tricks

An instant classic at the FedEx Orange Bowl? The long-awaited season premiere of Scrubs? Cool, but I slept right through both of 'em. Yep, I passed out shortly after 9.

And so ends a bizarre couple of days for me. Not since college have I gone 30 consecutive hours without sleep, and I must congratulate my body on holding up through yesterday's workday and beyond. Thirty hours awake, 11 hours asleep: I'm fine now, but I don't recommend treating your body that way. I'd rather roofie myself.

I'd like to say I need to teach my body how to sleep, but I fear it's actually my brain's fault. (Ir)Regardless, here are 18 cool tricks to teach your body to solve some everyday problems. I'm guessing none of them work, but I figured I'd post 'em anyway. Game, blouses.

Slack Bored Teens Story of the Day: "Four teens stole 27 baby Jesus statues from nativity scenes outside churches and homes and planned to burn them, police said."

Slack Link of the Day: Thanks to our good buddy Macky Chan up in PEI, the Yeti clubbing the Penguin game is back! What's your high score? Gypsy Rose, come in and waste some hours playing this with me today, like the old days...

Slack Song of the Day: Like yesterday's SSOTD, we're gonna stick with the Jazzy Dead theme. Phil Lesh added John Scofield (first time ever?) to his Chris Robinson-led lineup for a show in early December, and the results are simply fantastic. So here's U.S. Blues and Eyes of the World from the 12/4/05 show in Albany.

7 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Hey hey hey! Alas, I cannot club penguins today. I have more freelance work than I know what to do with. And a giant baby that is not easily knocked out by whiskey under the tounge.

I hope you tivoed(sp?) Scrubs. The second episode was one of the funniest things I ever seen on tv.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger dhodge said...

Scrubs was great. I thought they were going to write blonde doctor out of the show after last season's finale, but they managed to keep her in and sexy up her looks.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Yes, Scrubs was mucho fantastico last night. I have no idea why, but the siamese doctor thing gets me every time. You missed two outstanding episodes.

"WHO AM IIIIIIIII?"

Nice Chepelle reference.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

F*CK. I totally forgot about Scrubs last night. And Arrested Development the night before. Ace, since you seem to be the funny box master, could you start sending reminders to your readers or something??? Or maybe I should just get more efficient with the DVR thing.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous handstand said...

By the way, that anonymous was none other than the elder handstand.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

People, people, don't ruin anything...I'm lookin forward to watching these episodes when I return home this evening. Scrubs has been one of my favorite shows since episode one, and I will manhandle and punish folks that don't realize its brilliance.

As for the reminders, Handstand, that's not a bad idea at all...maybe I'll consider putting up 5 pm alert when something good is on, or a "What's On Tonight" before I leave work. Not a bad idea at all...

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

I love Scrubs. I didn't get to see the episode and I don't know anyone who has it. Damn it.

I did club penguins.

High score: 297.7

Not bad, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home