Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Soon, I'm Off

It's a little tough for me to fully concentrate today. Tomorrow, your ol' Ace Cowboy heads out to Colorado for a few days of total relaxation in Denver and Boulder with Brucey McBruce and Tea Leaf Green.

Posting will be scarce, but I'm sure I'll find some free seconds to publish a vacation communique. I have a couple projects I need to finish up before I depart, and now I'm distracted by several hilarious headlines from all over the Internets.

Here's my absolute favorite: Toxic waste creates hermaphrodite Arctic polar bears. I can just see Stan Lee giggling at the imminent creation of a new character. At first it was a male polar bear...but now, NOW it has the sex organs of both a male AND a female -- it's the Hermaphrodite Polar Bear Toxic Avenger!

Okay, one more, just because I can't wait to see the consequences: Beijing to push anti-spitting campaign ahead of Olympics.

More to come later...for now, enjoy the morning's multimedia:

Slack Video of the Day: My all-time favorite TV Funhouse sketch took place on December 14, 2002. You'll see why about three-quarters of the way through, but the whole thing is pretty damn clever. It surely was a Charlie Brown Christmas season that year.

Slack Bonus Video of the Day: Some of you may have seen Bill O'Reilly's appearance on Letterman, and I'll assume you have. If you haven't, it was a well-publicized confrontation with Dave getting good press, but it turned out when you watch the whole thing that O'Reilly schooled Letterman. Outside of the "60 percent of what you say is crap" line, Dave looked like a total moron.

I wish it weren't true, but it is. Anyway, Colbert and Conan take the feuding one step further. This is just a classic collaboration, we need these two to get together in the name of comedy more often.

Slack Song of the Day: In honor of my little trip out West, here's TLG's New Year's Eve show at the Independent in San Francisco, posted in its entirety. The sound quality is fantastic, and the band really showed up to play. Kicking off the night with its most popular new song, Franz Hanzerbeak, the boys came to rip it up.

The NYE countdown led into a dynamite cover of Do Ya Think I'm Sexy > band staple Kali Yuga, a perfect way to ring in the new year. And I'm always a sucker for a good Garden Part III. Enjoy!

6 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Some Dude said...

Have a good trip. Enjoy TLG. I guess I won't be stealing anything and posting it over at my site for a few days - I'll have to come up with some of my own stuff.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Will do, SD, I've been lookin forward to this for a little while now.

Well, my host is working during the day, so I may have time to throw a blog post up -- if I do, feel free to steal whatever you need!

You listen to the NYE show yet? Really one of the best quality shows on the Archive -- great stuff.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Dorsey said...

Ace, are you aware of the bloggies?
You'll be walking the bloggie red carpet come March 13 so help me gawd.

http://2006.bloggies.com/

I nominated the very deserving Slack in just about everything other than the Lebian/Gay/Bisexual category (though even that was given some serious consideration). I believe the polls close at 10pm this evening. Bacardi and Cola. Do it.

Have a phenomenal time in Denver. In your absence, I'm sticking an Ace Fathead to your spot on the living room couch.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger MDS said...

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in Letterman. It should've been so easy for him to take O'Reilly down, but he kind of pussed out. Howard Stern did a much better job on O'Reilly. I think it's probably easier to take him on on his own turf, actually, because when he's a guest on another show, the host has a hard time knowing when he's gone too far and is becoming a bully. But if you go on the Factor you can say things like, "I hope you'll let me finish this point without turning my microphone off." And if you realize that you're losing, you just mention the word "loofa" and you know it'll never get on the air. O'Reilly is like the Saints -- no home-field advantage.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks, Dorsey...I appreciate your efforts.

MDS, good point about the home versus road game...but, to me, Letterman woulda lost either way. He just wasn't answering O'Reilly's direct questions, he looked like he wanted to shit on Bill's parade without actually beating him in a word joust.

This is one time I'll say he definitely have a liberal media -- everywhere I looked I saw that clip of Dave saying "60% of what you say is crap," but nowhere did I see the fact that O'Reilly totally schooled him. Such a shame. I love seeing Jon Stewart take him to task...

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Some Dude said...

Haven't listened to it yet, first step will be to download it. Definitely going to have to hit the Knit show(s) when they come to town in March. I need to see what all the hype is for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home