Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stewie and Shatner

So you know that Family Guy when Stewie says "I know what it takes to be cool" and proceeds to lampoon Shatner and spoken word* the shit out of Elton John's Rocket Man?

Thanks to some fine folks on the Internets, I finally found the original clip being referenced in the episode. I always knew what the show was alluding to, but this totally clears things up.

Maybe I'm totally late on this, but here's Billy Shats on Rocket Man at some sci-fi awards show in the late '70s.

*Yes, I just used "spoken word" as a verb.

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger dhodge said...

I've got to thank Stewie for spoken word'n it through most of "Rocket Man". I had no idea what most of the words were until I heard that. For some reason, I can never make out what the hell Elton John is saying most of the time.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger ethan said...

that was unbelievably strange. i must admit shatner does look pretty smooth smoking that cigarette, but his image is definitely shaken with that "rock. et. man" character on his left.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger MDS said...

I'm with you, dhodge, I never had a clue what the lyrics were. But I've never understood what anyone finds appealing about William Shatner. Just seems like a moron to me.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Agreed on Shatner looking cool smoking that cig...but not my favorite.

Believe it or not, Travolta in Broken Arrow is my favorite cigarette smoker in cinema history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home