Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Video Linkage

It's been a bit of a busy morning, so at this point I'm prepared to cut my losses and post some videos for you to watch today. But -- and this is a big but -- these are great videos, and you should be proud that I even let you play at my table.

1. I just saw this one over at The 700 Level, and if you're a Nintendo kid between the ages of 24 and 35, this video might be the greatest thing you've ever seen. I couldn't be more impressed with the live sketch these kids created: a real-life Mike Tyson's Punchout (with sound, which might be the best part). "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon."

2. Wanna see a great cockfight? Okay, PETA folks, calm down, this is a video of two kids jousting, one swinging a giant rubber dildo. There's also a classic knockdown at the end.

3. Just when you think you've seen it all, there's that Jerome Garcia chattin' it up with Hef at the Playboy Mansion in 1969, for a live taping of Playboy After Dark.

If you're into cool versions of St. Stephen and Jerry's always casual banter (check, on both), make sure you watch this video at some point today. And thanks to Slack reader Tres for passing this along.

4. Who doesn't love old school Hulk Hogan interviews? If you don't, you're an idiot. I'm sorry, that's a fact.

5. I'm not even going to slap a prelude on this one. But, please, swear to your uncle Ace on everything holier than thou you'll enjoy this video many times today.

Slack Song of the Day: Nothing better than a little Peaches en Regalia encore from the Treymoe.deski tsunami benefit show at Roseland last February. That led into a sweet After Midnight, but the whole show was fantastic and should be downloaded.

Back with more procrastinatory masturbatory inanity in a bit...

12 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Some Dude said...

I had only read about their appearance on Playboy After Dark it's awesome it finally get to see it.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger ethan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger ethan said...

that video of the hoff is simply amazing. i don't know what's better - when he was standing on the motorcycle or putting that huge fish in his mouth. and what's with that googley-eyed sand person who shows up periodically?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, I actually had never even heard of it...piss poor on my part.

Ethan, you racist, my mother is a "googley-eyed sand person" and I really don't appreciate you calling them that. That video is really outrageous though. Good times.

No comments on the live action Punchout? I thought that was AWESOME!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger MDS said...

Ace, I know you've been traveling and then had a personal issue and all, but the reason there are no comments on the live action Punchout is that it's old news. You're usually right on top of these things, but I've already seen that on three other blogs. But, yes, it's awesome, and any male of the Nintendo generation will love it.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Damn. Apologies. Harikiri immediately.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger ethan said...

sand people - like from star wars!

(shrinking, trying to accept the fact that i'll now be labeled as some sci-fi freak who dresses up to movie premieres)

but actually, you're take on my comment is much better.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Some Dude said...

What's up with Pigpen on the bongos???

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger the belligerent intellectual said...

The live action Punchout was beyond words. The jumping, leg spreading face punches? Someone needs to commission these kids to do every character.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger MDS said...

I distinctly remember that Hulk Hogan vs. Hercules match on Saturday Night's Main Event. I watched it with my cousin, who first got me into WWF. Good times. (That was when he was Hercules; he also went by Hercules Hernandez. And yes, Ace, he died at age 46.)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

David Hasslehoff must just sit around rolling in piles of money and laugh continuously.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

I have a friend who is Korean, not German, who thinks David Hasslehoff is totally hot.

I just furrow my brow and ask, "is it the piano key scarves?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home