Sunday, February 12, 2006

Big Red & Phil

A combination of record snowfall, expensive tickets, and a stunning lack of motivation, mobility and able companions led me to miss Trey Anastasio's full-show sit-in with Phil & Friends tonight.

But really, there's just no excuse for missing this show...

Above: Ensemble shot of Big Red (left, looking happy and healthy) joining the P & F band. Below: "What if God were one of them?" Joan Osborne stands between two non-mortals.

Set I: Help On The Way> Slipknot> Franklin's Tower, Up On Cripple Creek > They Love Each Other > Cold Rain & Snow Jam > Loose Lucy, Buckets Of Rain (Dylan song), All Along The Watchtower

Set II: St. Stephen, What Sin (Ryan Adams song) > Jam > Cryptical Envelopment > Jam > Dark Star > The Other One > Jam > Dark Star > Eyes of the World > Going Down the Road Feeling Bad > Gimme Shelter. Encore: Wolfman's Brother, Midnight Hour

I may vomit from the thought of living so close to this show and flat-out skipping it for shitty reasons. And believe it or not, you can already stream the show. Sickness.

5 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

I can't believe they played "What Sin" and we missed it! Argh...this is our second greatest concert failure due to snow since Fishman sat in with DSO and played a kickin' Donna show. Because I know that had I responded yesterday with a "Alright, I'm coming in" you would have gone, I take full responsibility.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I thought about that all night...what is it about that bitch Mother Nature and her awesome ability to keep us away from Phish members playing Dead tunes?

Although I really have no excuse...I love five minutes from the 1 train and the snow had stopped. I blame $50 tickets and probably Starbucks.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

the show was awesome! wish you could've been there dude. trey has such a unique sound and it really rubs off on whatever band he plays with. he really rocked it during st. stephen, but my favorite jam of the night probably was they love each other. trey basically coaxed the band into kicking up the tempo halfway through the jam, and they went into this completely trey led tension-release jam which blew my mind.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Well, it's a good thing TLEO isn't one of my favorite Dead tunes. Oh, right, it is! I suck. I'm so fucking pissed at myself today, I'm like sick over this.

Glad you had fun, Elliot.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

are you gonna go to any of the other shows? i've got gen admin. at hammerstein for saturday night as of now, but i'm thinking of going to one or two more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home