Sunday, February 12, 2006

Double Informer

12 Inches of Snow? Two times and then some: 26.9 in Central Park.

I haven't seen this much white powder since [insert lame joke about Kate Moss, Nicole Richie, Len Bias, cops and doughnuts, anthraxing Tom Daschle or talc-ing your nuts here].

As it was, I left my apartment only once today, a brief run to pick something up from Lukas' down the street and to hoard necessities like Smartfood, Sun Chips and Pepsi.

Traveling east on Bleecker, I caught one of the weirder snowstorm sights of all time -- a seemingly sane man, pedaling a unicycle, holding an open umbrella in his left hand. He basically looked exactly like this iguana, only less green and scaley:

The most craisins part of this episode was that the unicyclist moved down the street so fast I couldn't even manage to bust out the ol' cameraphone for a photo fast enough.

Gotta love Greenwich Village, where more than two feet of snow never stops the sideshow.

(For more cool snowy NYC pics, check out our friends at Velvet Sea as well as this excellent Flickr set.)

4 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger J$ said...

don't forget stevie nicks!
http://velvet-sea.blogspot.com/2006/02/big-snow-in-nyc.html

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

Your snow and sights kicked our snow's ass. D.C. will never be as cool as NYC. And it has to come to terms with that.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yes yes, never forget Stevie Nicks...I often equate her to the Holocaust -- never forget.

MA, it's gorgeous here now, but give it another 24 hours and the entire city will be covered with brown slush. We'll, I guess then it'll really be like DC.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Trix said...

Funny...I thought of you this weekend as I watched the weather channel. This blogging thing really HAS taken over my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home