Thursday, February 02, 2006

Headline Follies

Earlier today we shared a moment: The Slack community engaged in civil debate on the merits of Epiphanny Prince's 113-point game, the best scoring performance in the history of ovarian hoops.

I linked to SI.com's version of the story, mainly because I just don't care for ESPN's web operation any more (and because my SI buddies will get all mopey if I don't). But maybe I should have chosen the ESPN article, for it contains this Freudian bonanza:

"Look out, Kobe: NYC girl scores 113 in HS game"

Are these guys serious planting Kobe in the headline? Do they not remember this guy was accused of non-legally poking a young lady in and around the V-hole and pooper? I understand they were referring to his recent scoring prowess, but they also led readers to invoke his alleged raping prowess. Thank you, Dr. Zizmor.

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

The headline should read:

"Look out NYC Schools: Kobe scores with 113 High School Girls. Now That's Game."

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

let the daily show jokesmiths rev up their engines:

they replaced a boner of a house majority leader with another boehner.

as the nipponese might say: house repubricans erected boehner as their new reader.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger the belligerent intellectual said...

Man, I wish I had "raping prowess." Instead I just have "low standards."

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

That may be the most points, but I'd have to go with that 101 points (Lisa Leslie, I think) in the first half as the best scoring performance. It was mentioned in one of the articles I saw about this today. The other team refused to play the second half.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Dynamite drop-in, JR...thanks for the knowledge. That's a good point, if it's definitely true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home