Friday, February 24, 2006

Ironic, Alanis-Style

You just can't make this shit up:

"Missouri-based H & R Block, noted for helping millions of Americans complete tax returns, says it got its own taxes wrong over the past two years. The company says it will have to restate results for fiscal years 2004 and 2005, mainly because of errors in calculating its state effective income tax rate."

Unrelatedly, I'd like to publicly wish Gypsy Rose a happy anniversary. For those who don't know, Gypsy was my one-time boss, and on this day two years ago, we shared this non-fluid exchange about our ultra-stubborn, "I'm never wrong" bossman:

Gypsy: "It's like arguing with a squirrel. You make a point, and he changes the topic."

Ace: "Um...do squirrels do that?"

I love that conversation. We had our own brand of fun. Geek chic.

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Awww. I'm honored. I know you had to be there, but Ace's deadpan response made me cry with laughter... at myself.

I actually have a noon appointment at H&R block to do my taxes tomorrow.

Is that ironical or coincidental? Or neither?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Some people find it ironical that although we run a travel agency, we've never been outside of Blaine.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous HANDSTAND said...

We consider ourselves bi-costal, if you consider the Mississippi River one of the coasts.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

There ain't no swimmin' in my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home