Monday, February 27, 2006

NYC: Green Apple Music Festival

Not quite what I was expecting in terms of sheer star power, but I'll take it, and I like it. Get seriously fired up for April, Slackers.

April 20th-23rd -- It's gonna be a rockin' weekend in the Large Apple.

Update: They took the official bands list down...But if you squint like a Chinaman you may still be able to make out the artists.

If you're too roundeye for your own good, here are my highlights off the now-rescinded preliminary list: Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Assembly of Dust, Bela Fleck, Bill Frisell, Blues Traveler, Dan Bern, Deep Banana Blackout, Dweezil Zappa, Everyone Orchestra, Fab Faux, Kaki King, Little Feat, Max Creek, McCoy Tyner, NY Philharmonic, Particle, Perpetual Groove, Peter Frampton, Richie Havens, Savion Glover, Secret Machines, Slick Rick, Soulive, Steve Kimock, Tea Leaf Green, The Slip, Toots and the Maytals, Toubab Krewe, Umphrey's McGee and Zen Tricksters. Subject to change and additions, obviously...

8 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Kenny Alias said...

News like that makes me happier than an autistic kid nailin' three-pointers.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Halley_Mountain said...

And I was just hoping for a good music festival to come my way!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I am, as the French say, muy excited.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kenny Alias said...

It's about time Halley.

P.S. - The word verification I just had to type was "hosoil."

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you know when the list will be available?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger The Bourbon Samurai said...

That sounds like a great show.
I, of course, will be in chicago then.
Bleh.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I hear the official release will be this week, anon. Hopefully the Redheaded Fuckface will be around that weekend...

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Russell Kahn said...

What the hell is wrong with the Relix crew that they took down the lineup shortly after posting it?

This is getting annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home