Thursday, February 16, 2006

See Dick Talk

I'd like to rid the world of this Cheney's a Dick story once and for all, but it just keeps getting better and better.

As we all know, a sitting vice president shot the guy with the old balls in the face ala Marvin, he waited a day to disclose it, he may or may not have held it from the alleged president, then the birdshot caused the old dude to have a mild heart attack, and all the while the VP sat in hiding and said nothing.

Now he's talking, but for some unknown reason he chose to deliver a Fox News exclusive over addressing the White House Press Corps or the media at large. And in the most clever way possible, CNN's Jack Cafferty rang in with the best quote of the day:

"But I would guess it didn't exactly represent a Profile in Courage for the vice president to wander over there to the F-word network for a sit down with Brit Hume. That's a little like Bonnie interviewing Clyde, ain't it?"

Sure is, Jacky. He then added, "Thanks for watching. For Kaity Tong, I'm Jack Cafferty. Seinfeld is next." I think only residents of the NY-NJ-CT tri-state area get that joke, but I just cracked myself up. I do that sometimes.

To put a nice little bow on this story, let's check in with the always-brilliant Monk over at Inflatable Dartboard. As he put it, this event truly symbolizes everything that's wrong with the administration: "Firing without having a clear idea of what the outcome will be and then scrambling deceitfully to control the disastrous outcome."

Slack Link of the Day: Here's some exciting news for music fans -- "Classic Byrne and Eno Collaboration to be Reissued"

Slack Video of the Day: I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this and post it, but allow me to plug one of this blog's favorite SNL skits of all time. "Gerald Ford, dead today."

Slack Song of the Day: Laziness abound, I give you this 12/31/01 Yonder Mountain String Band show to chew on this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home