Friday, March 03, 2006

Clap Your Hands for Blogging

One of the reasons I'm so obsessed with my own blog is the look-back feature, the ability to virtually return to any event I've chronicled in order to see my feelings and thinkings at the time.

Sure, you get minimal enjoyment out of the funny links and mediocre prose, but I get an online time capsule out of this blog-deal.

Doctor J.B. Hoobs just passed along the link to the following video of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at the South Street Seaport in August. Our little crew attended this brief (and free) show in honor of Lukas' birthday before we made our way over to the Knitting Factory for some Club D'elf with Marco Benevento action. Here's an interesting excerpt from my quick review of the CYHSY show:

"The other highlight was the pair of dancers you just couldn't keep your eyes off if you tried. One was a sloppy, late 20s/early 30s douchebag dressed in business casual, who looked like he'd guzzled 15 beers since work finished an hour earlier. He was dancing wildly on an elevated platform, stopping only to swig more beer and shout with his friend, 'Clap your hands...And say yeah' like a clever little girl." [More]

Now, please, watch this...good lord, I love YouTube.



The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth is a pretty cool song and these guys are a talented group, but here are the two points you should take away from these proceedings: 1) Don't act like a dickwad in public; but more importantly, 2) I'm a damn good eyewitness.

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Boski93 said...

WOW!

The only difference between him and Corky from "Life Goes On", is Corky's got representation.

But I do know that guy's parents are so proud him. They tell them that everyday, since he is still living at home.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Why didn't ya just say it was Mulgrew instead of "sloppy, late 20s/early 30s douchebag dressed in business casual".

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Wow! I remember seeing that video when it first came out but I had no idea it was at the Seaport. Nice catch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home