Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Day Tripper: DC Edition

Beware the Ides of March, they say. Yet I'm tempting fate by flying to and from our nation's capital for work today. A last-minute addition to the trip at that. Not that I really believe in all that stuff. Superstition's one thing, but can one even believe in Shakespeare?

"Cut your losses and make 'em a deal."

I'm assuming I'll make it back from the trip intact, so we'll see you fine folks right back here tomorrow. Enjoy your pebbles.

Slack Link of the Day: I checked the archives to see whether or not I used the corny "Ides of March" thing last year, and sure enough, I did. In doing so, I learned that today's the one-year anniversary of Dad Cowboy's hilarious and oh-so-racist joke about robot golf caddies. Feel free to laugh and immediately feel guilty.

Slack Video of the Day: I saw this preview on the tele the other day and thought it looked right up my alley. Count me in on seeing this when it comes out -- Thank You For Smoking.

Slack Song of the Day: Fitting on this day, here's a mighty fine Julius from July 16, 1998 at The Gorge in Washington. Starts off even-keeled, but the boys really lay it on thick after a few minutes. Listening to this, I'm reminded of how well Jon Fishman plays drums.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ace,

Great video this AM! As for this glorious Julius on July 16, 1998, I was there. The Gorge is an amazing venue and these two shows were special. Thanks for sharing it!

Peace,

Fluff

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Howard Campbell said...

My friends and I were inspired by the line in the movie trailer about putting the sex back in cigarettes and we made this website...

http://sexarettes.com

Just click on the image and enjoy the audio entertainment

Thank you for your considerations

Warmly,

Ben Mack

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

Damn it, Ace. Had I known you were going to be here, I'd have asked you to lunch!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Sorry Momentary, not a moment to spare...I've got some friends down there I didn't even call because I knew I had no time (like Jesse Spano).

I was on C-Span a bunch yesterday, which is a nice consolation.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous en regalia said...

AC, clarify "on c-span" if you will

and FWIW, i read thank you for smoking when it was written back in 1994...great story...the axis of action was not even hinted at in the trailer and i wont spoil it...efing hilarious premise, but odddly possible

 

Post a Comment

<< Home