Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Phone Booth

Stoned and groggy, I exited the W. 4th subway and scurried south, shuffling swiftly with shoulders hunched through the windy arctic blast sweeping down the island's cavernous halls.

I made the slight-left turn from 6th Avenue onto Bleecker St. and noticed a college girl huddled in one half of the telephonic kiosk on the street corner. Only, and I thought this a bit strange, she was talking on her cell phone.

I'm sure she had her reasons, like the nipply weather, but I just wanted to march right up to her and say, "You know you don't have to stand in there to use that thing, right?"

Some people need instructions for just about everything.

Slack Link of the Day: Unheralded character actor Peter Stormare in mock-Pimp My Ride Volkswagen commercials?

That is what's called genius, my friends. Brilliant casting, hilarious concept, well-executed, um, execution. If you do anything at all today, make it your beeswax to watch these three ads. And if you don't think they're funny, I'll stomp on your testicles.

Slack Video and Song of the Day: Hoobs found this gem on YouTube, a Crosseyed and Painless video by the Talking Heads that features what appears to be a black Ronald McDonald sans makeup.



Find your shape, Slackers.

3 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous jasminesblog said...

The "Oh Snap!" part of the third ad is definitely my fav!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Stormare = Genius. Basically, Stormare + VW campy mershes + Pimp My Ride = brilliance personified.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous en regalia said...

the actor in the second one looks a bit like steve buscemi, peter's cohort in FARGO, but i dont think it is...though it is a striking resemblance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home