Thursday, March 02, 2006

Trey's New Languedoc

Thanks to Jay over at Plagiarist for digging that photo up...he's also got an absolutely classic YouTube video of Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, Thomas Dolby and Howard Jones on a kickass synthesizer medley at the 1985 Grammys.

I love the fact that Herbie and Stevie have no qualms sharing the stage with Thomas Dolby and Howard Jones...I mean, seriously, that's like the Williams sisters playing doubles with the autistic kid who hit those three pointers and his mother. I also love the fact that nobody's even remotely playing an instrument on the stage. Fakers!

The YouTube site has this comment under the video, by the way: "that has to be the most completely homosexual video i've ever seen/heard." Nice touch, good stuff.

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Gold. Pure gold.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bust out the Wanguedoc!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

The bold lettering made that joke so much easier to understand. Thanks Corky.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I'm too lazy to post this over at my own blog (plus, I think you're the first person who cared about it), but I actually found a backstory about the whole Grammy synth performance here. TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes, you are a delight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home