Thursday, March 30, 2006

Vaya Con Linkos

Hola from Cancun...I haven't had more than a few seconds to dip my little toes in the ocean, but the weather is gorgeous (Ithaca is Gorges) and the people are friendlier than the town weedwhore.

*UPDATE* The tootsies have touched the ocean waves! After a lovely team dinner at El Disteleria (where the enormous margaritas come with a liver transplant form), about 10 of us drank some Tecates on the beach and sang B-52s songs all night. Sign says, stay away fools.

I'll post some nice pictures and videos upon my return, but for now please enjoy these friend- and family-submitted links...

My favorite, courtesy of Handstand the Elder, is this awesome YouTube compilation of the reactions of Jets fans at the NFL draft through the years. Man, we're really just a bunch of gluttons for punishment who loved to get kicked in the jimmy.



Up next, courtesy of Brother Red Cowboy, comes this stupendous interview with Bret "Hit Man" Hart on the verge of his induction into the newly formed WWE Hall of Fame. I never really liked this guy when he was on top, but good lord, you have to feel for this guy after reading this. Plus, you have to respect the man that broke Vinnie Mac's face after the Montreal Screwjob.

Finally, staying on the wrestling tip, courtesy of oft-Slack commentator MDS, I think you'll enjoy this fantastic shoot interview with the Iron Sheik. Personally I think CNN or Fox News should interview this guy about the nuclear enrichment situation in Iran. I would pay a million pesos to see that.



We'll have more when Ace returns to Los Estados Unidos...stay tuned.

8 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I have fond memories of Hulk Hogan escaping from The Iran Sheik's camel cluth, or was it the boston crab, to pin his ass for the U.S. of A. If I had to guess I'd say camel clutch, but don't quote me on that . . .

Enjoy your vacation, homey.

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

I knew the wisdom of the Sheik would wind up on this blog sooner or later. I saw that on Sunday, and I've honestly been laughing and smiling about it ever since. It's embarrassing, I've just randomly cracked up a couple of times at work, and people can't get on youtube at my office, so what am I supposed to say? "Man, it's just the Iron Sheik man.... I keep hearing 'Brrrrreak his back!' in my head....."

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

Besides that, everything was great

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger ethan said...

iron sheik, walking contradiction:

"you are worse than fag, worse than gay...i would break your back and fuck your ass the ol' country way!"

amazing clip.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger MDS said...

Greg, your office banned Youtube? I think it might be time for you to polish up the ol' resume.

I was at WrestleMania III when Hacksaw Jim Duggan hit the Sheik with the 2x4 to get Brian Blair out of the camel clutch. Most fans were going wild, but I wasn't too impressed. I always thought the Americans were supposed to be the good guys and the Iranians the bad guys, but here comes this nitwit Duggan, cheating because the Sheik got the better of the Killer Bees. Actually, come to think of it, I don't know why I liked the Killer Bees as much as I did. They were big-time cheaters, using those masks to fool the referee.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

For Christ's sake Ethan, how would you suggest he make him humble?

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Jeez, what did Michael Jackson (or Michael Jordan for that matter) ever do to the Iron Sheik? Good lord.

This is even better on second watch.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Omar said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: beach house jaco sale, weather jaco beach, jaco real estate. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home