Friday, March 03, 2006

You're Gonna Be a Genius Anyway

I never thought trade talks between the United States and India would produce such a funny quotation, but then again, anything is possible with Putz Boy in office.

But in a trade eerily reminiscent of The Babe to the Yanks or Mess to the Rangers, we agreed to transfer our civilian nucular technology to India in exchange for their succulent mangos. Lots and lots of Indian mangos.

I'm not opposed to selling our nuke-tech to the Injuns, so don't go calling me a protectionism-lovin' isolationist or anything. But we couldn't get anything better back than produce? Like maybe their Herbie Hancock on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? Or some more help with catching bin Laden? Or maybe some of our outsourced jobs back? Who's running this show, Scott Layden?

So President Bush and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stepped up to their respective podiums and delivered some well-choreographed remarks commemorating the deal and a new era of relations between the two countries. Then our president said this:

"...Mr. Prime Minister, the United States is looking forward to eating Indian mangos."

I, for one, certainly look forward to sinking my teeth into some Indian mangos. For a full text of Thursday's remarks, click here. And for more fun facts about mangos, consult this comprehensive resource.

Slack Link of the Day: Crain's reported this morning that Cablevision & Its Crooked Cronies are actually going through with their rumored plan to move Madison Square Garden.

As I said a few weeks ago when the plan leaked, "Moving Madison Square Garden down the street is about as necessary and well-intentioned as, say, invading Iraq. Sure, some good may come of the decision in the long-run, but it'll more than likely cause significant and avoidable pain for the foreseeable future." I stand by my comments.

Slack Search of the Day: How in the world did this guy find this blog from this: "What is the community of saints who devote themsleves to the rehabilitation of priests addicted to drugs?" Does anyone know the answer, because now I'm curious?

Slack Song of the Day: What else but The Mango Song, this one from 8/6/98 at the Lakewood Amphitheater in Hotlanta. There's also a funktastic Moma Dance and a ridonkulous Runnin' with the Devil cover during the first encore of that show.

6 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger MDS said...

What is the community of saints who devote themsleves to the rehabilitation of priests addicted to drugs?

All of those words appear in your September archives. I always enjoy NFL-related posts, so it was nice to see that the Priest in question is Priest Holmes and the Saints are the ones from New Orleans.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I actually do get why it happened, just being a little cute...but now I'm more curious about what this community organization is all about. Maybe I'll do some research in a bit.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger MDS said...

Here is the real answer to the person's question.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Russell Kahn said...

About an hour before that Phish show in Atlanta in '98, I'm walking around the parking lot and find a Van Halen ticket stub on the ground.

It was from a show a few days earlier. And for whatever reason, I thought it was hilarious. So I put it in my pocket.

Needless to say, when Phish busted out the "Runnin' With the Devil" for the encore," I just had to laugh out loud...

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Boski93 said...

Even though I am not a Knicks fan, it may be best they move the Garden, but on one condition.

They not tell Isiah they are moving.

Wait Isiah, the CBA just called and they are not happy with you. First you love them long time, then leave them. All the while taking money out of it's purse, without even a phone call. And now they see you making sweet, sweet love to the Knicks. Loving them into the ground. Tisk, tisk.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Lons said...

"Mr Prime Minister, I'd just like to say that your hands and feet are mangoes, and that it is so stupendous living in this tube. No, hang on, wait...I messed that up."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home