Thursday, April 13, 2006

Runnin' on Empty

I'm sorry, friends, but I've got nuthin'. I'm outta gas this morning. Fumes Patrol comin' through. Necesita gasolina, figuradamente.

It doesn't help matters that I've been fairly busy with work this week, or that someone just sent around a slew of scenic and candid photos from the recent Cancun junket.

Now I'm fantasizing about a return to Mejico, instead of trying to come up with witty, insensitive one-liners for this here blog, instead of doing any work for the guy who actually pays me every two weeks.

So I guess I'll just continue to stare at the computer screen and zone out accordingly (much like my "What are you grinnin' at you ghost?" kind of stare in the third picture, which I assure you is a clandestine shot, I really was that relaxed down there). I'll leave you with these photos and the usual featured links below. Refueling in progress...

Ahh, man, what I wouldn't do to see my feet covered in sand like this again...anyone got a private beach I can pillage and plunder?

Slack Link of the Day: Wow. This one's just wow. A kid set himself on fire after siphoning gasoline from a firefighter's car. Why? He flicked a lighter to see how much gas he got on himself. I bet he wishes he were outta gas and runnin' on empty like me. Nice work, kid.

Slack Video of the Day: I doubt you caught this, but June Pointer -- the youngest Pointer Sister -- passed away yesterday. And I know at least one Bayside (and Stansbury?) alumnus who probably isn't so exicted to hear that news. For June, this one's for you:



Slack Song of the Day: From Detroit's Grande Ballroom in October 1967 (was it even safe to be in Detroit around then?), here's a heapin' spoonful of Cream. This rager kicks off with Tales of Brave Ulysses, closes with I'm So Glad and features some serious power trio licks in between. Some classic Cream here, get it while it's hot.

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Trix said...

No private beach of my own, sorry. Besides, Lake Michigan is filthy. Wish I could help.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Do you also own a 403 Forbidden bikini?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Trix said...

No, but I did just buy two bikinis from Vickie's Secret. Does that count?

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Ace, get your hand out of your pants. It's Passover dammit.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger ahren said...

tecate -- underrated beer.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Actually, all Mexican beer is underrated...the Sol was fantastic as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home