Monday, April 24, 2006

Tone Loc: Dangerous?

I could use a day to unwind after this weekend's festivities. Instead, I'll have to settle for the busiest day I've had in months. Months!

The extended weekend fucked me up good. All told, I caught five concerts totaling 14 hours, attended at least part of three birthday celebrations, started a new blog and got limited sleep.

After that, surely I must have been looking forward to a pile of shit (yes, I eat pieces of shit for breakfast) and about 15 research requests from my bossman.

So I can't hang with youse all right now, as evidenced by my lack of posting today. I'll leave you with this weird thought: Was Funky Cold Medina a date-rape drug?

This brother told me a secret on how to get more chicks
Put a little Medina in your glass
And the girls will come real quick
It's better than any alcohol or aphrodisiac
A couple of sips of this love potion and she'll be on your lap

Then later:
I went up to this girl, she said, "Hi, my name is Sheena"
I thought she'd be good to go with a little Funky cold Medina
She said, "I'd like a drink, " I said OK, I'd go get it
Then a couple of sips, she sold licked her lips
And I knew that she was with it

I say yes. Lock up Loc. That is all.

5 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Three birthday parties and you don't even show up to mine? I have no idea who you are anymore. None. It used be something, we used to be something.

Sorry, I'll stop now.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Happy birthday, man...we here at Slack salute you.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

The thing is that Medina works for both women AND men. As we all know, Sheena was a man. Since the song was recorded in the 80s and Ton was only down with the ladies at that time, Sheena and Ton never really hit it off. Thus, be careful whose drink you spike with that Medina or you might have to fend off an unwelcome Oscar Meyer frank. (Note: dogs may also be affected by said Medina).

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

Yeah, who would remember Alex from Strohs (or Strohs forthat matter) without this song?

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger MDS said...

Don Fiedler, you raise an interesting question about Loc: Why does he specify "this is the '80s" before he informs us that he is "down with the ladies"? Is he implying that in the '70s he used to bang a bunch of dudes, and that he plans to reprise that practice in the '90s? Did anyone see Tone Loc in the '90s? He was in "Surf Ninjas," a favorite '90s film of myself and frequent Slack commenter dhodge, but I don't think he ever had sex with Rob Schneider.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home