Friday, May 26, 2006

Two Years Already?

Donnie Fiedler called me one day in April 2004. We've got to start one of these here blogs. Everyone's doin' it. Look at Mulgrew, kid's gettin' more popular than Skidz ever were. Start thinking of a name...

Nothing happened for weeks. Then one day while listening to some stage banter from a 5/28/89 bootleg, our blog's name jumped right off the Maxell XLII and onto the free page. Donnie arrived one night at my old apartment for a night of Yankums beisbol and extra-curriculars, and the rest, as they say, is history lameness.

We put up the following post that night -- the only post of the 1,195 so far that's actually authored by the fictional Slack LaLane -- sat back and watched the Kudos bars roll in. Not really.

Slack LaLane: Getting Started
Welcome to Slack LaLane. Brought to you by Minolta: From the mind of Minolta...aaand by Enterprise: We'll pick you up. Enterprise. Thanks Roscoe.


So happy anniversary to, um, us. We've lost our lead jerk Donnie along the way, but we've somehow created a divine community of insensitive jerkstores to pick up the slack. I just want you to know, you've all touched my heart, you've all touched my soul, and you've all touched my junk. And I've learned nothing along the way.

Happy Slackday to you all. May you enjoy your long weekends...

14 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Some statistics for future reference...

Unique Visitors to Slack
Year 1: 42,755
Year 2: 217,677
Total: 260,432

Average Uniques per day
Year 1: 327
Year 2: 773


Total Page Views
Year 1: 119,385
Year 2: 412,272
Total: 531,657

Average Page Views per day
Year 1: 844
Year 2: 1,225


Number of times I've said Craisins: 37

Looks like Slack's hitting its first growth spurt...long way to go before we start shaving, though.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

I think the term "unique visitors" is funny for some reason. It must be the hangover.

Fuck this, I'm leaving work for the rest of the day in honor of the anniversary.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

Congrats on 2 years of fine work. And I mean "fine" in as sexually suggestive a way as is possible.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Congrats Ace. I'm going to go shoot my gun in the air around Capitol Hill to celebrate.

Wait... too late. Damn it.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger MDS said...

Congratulations. It's great to see that you grew so much from Year 1 to Year 2. Were there any particular days/posts that were extremely popular and led to the dramatic rise in Slack's popularity?

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Trix said...

Congrats...I have no idea how I'd get thru my day without you.

Funny...I wrote about something similar today. Great minds think alike.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks, y'all...or should I say, thanks youse.

MDS, to answer your question, there were really only a couple posts that ever got more than 1,500 visitors, and they usually involved boobs.

I'll tell you, I bet at least 100,000 of those half-million page views are for horny folks lookin' for that picture of Mary-Louise Parker.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thanks for visiting Slack LaLane, celebrating at least two years of hardcore racism..."

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger kailpogi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger kailpogi said...

happy anniversary slacklalane. those numbers rock, dude!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger NewmRadio said...

uBig Congrats, Slack!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Rashid Muhammad said...

Congratulations Mr. Cowboy.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Blog Ever!!!

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for another great year of the ACE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home