Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dear ESPN,

Thanks for jinxing my no-hitter, homes. Really great, mang.

Watch yo' back, ese,
'Los

P.S. Do your graphics guys and producers not watch enough sports? How many games do you have to see to know that by posting this banner with one out in the eighth the very next guy will ground a weak single through the hole on the right side? It already says "BONUS COVERAGE" prominently on the screen, there's just no need to state the obvious. And if you're going to ruin my hard-fought no-hitter with a stupid fucking banner, at least let it be grammatically correct: "Carlos Zambrano current no hitter" is wrong and ridiculous.

Slack Link of the Day: Coach dug up the following link, and the bookish nerd side of me finds it extremely fascinating. Someone created a list of 150 expressions and cliches that Shakespeare coined in his works that have become a part of our everyday lexicon. Well, some of these aren't quite everyday words and phrases, but I'm definitely gonna start using "Unsex me here" more often.

Slack Link of the Day II: On this day, 06/06/06, when the apocalypse can't be far behind, the 30-year mortgage rate stands at 6.66%.

Slack Song of the Day: Some Dude over at Hits from the Blog sent this over to me yesterday, which I've packaged as a YSI file for your perusal. Eddie Vedder sat in with My Morning Jacket on Saturday at Continental Airlines Arena in NJ for a rousing rendition of The Band's It Makes No Difference. Turn it up, sounds terrific.

6 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Russell Kahn said...

"wrong and ridiculous"

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I looked at the score at the bar and thought we were DOWN 8 to nothing. You just made my night! I need to lay off "the sauce."

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Dude I Could Totally be a Product Design Engineer said...

Dear Sony, why can't you make a center channel speaker that is short,as wide as the tv, and balanceable so it doesn't need to be velcro taped onto the top of the tv. Or how about a notch in the tv where a speaker can sit? -JMoney

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

What are "Three comments that have nothing to do with each other to which I possibly couldn't respond to any of 'em."

That is correct.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Chilly Jackwater said...

Shakespeare first said "A little pot and soon hot"? I thought that was Matthew McConaughey's defense after the cops busted him playing bongoes naked in his apartment!

HI-OH!!!!!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whlGreat article! Mortgage. Find best mortgage rate and mortgage calculator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home