Friday, July 21, 2006

Arubian...Bahamanian.

This dude in front of me at SummerStage in Central Park last night wore a shirt that really stoked my insensitive jerkstore side. I'm not sure if it's still a current campaign, but apparently Aruba's slogan either is or was "Where Happiness Lives."

I've taken the liberty of designing a new T-Shirt for the Aruban travel campaign, though I doubt it'll have positive effects on the local tourism industry. Without any further (Freddy) ado, I give you my sample cotton creation. I love it, you should as well.

ArubA
Where Happiness Lives
Where Blonde Youth Dies ™

I'm off to the Pennsylvanian countryside, so youse are on your own today. Enjoy your weekends -- we'll see you right back here Monday.

Slack Google Searches of the Day: There's been a request for more of these, but there haven't been many crazy ones lately. Here's the best of the last few hours: Is magic mushrooms a sin, "mom says hi" just one of the guys, Grace Potter's boob, "West Wing, The Two Cathedrals, Barlett, Talking in Latin," pig mask stand up electric bass green hair sitar, "ehh, i'd go about a deuce, deuce and a half maybe," barefoot children, and "unit core god country."

Slack Video of the Day: I didn't catch this live, but there's a chubby suburban 12-year-old white kid playing the harmonica like a bad-fucking-ass on America's Got Talent. Seriously, of all the glorified pageants out there, I think quite possibly that this kid has the most talent of anyone I've seen. As an added bonus, listen to him play with blues legend Buddy Guy at just seven. Look out for LD Miller, world.

Slack Song of the Day: I made the last-minute executive decision to hit up the Grace Potter/Galactic/Umphrey's McGee show in Central Park last night. I missed Ms. Potter and caught the last 45 minutes of Galactic, but UM really tore the imaginary roof off that place.

Every time I see Umphrey's I'm more and more blown away by how hard fucking rock they are for a so-called jamband. They really like to melt faces, as the kidzzz like to say. Plus, they have one of the greatest senses of humor out there, which is as valuable as talent sometimes. So here's Galactic on Root Down > Shibuya ('Roo '03) and Umphrey's playing the supremely funny rocker Got Your Milk (Right Here) and the straight-up mindbender Der Bluten Kat.

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger coach said...

ace - i asked dave and, it turns out, that was the official slogan of aruba. as soon as i asked though, his response was "yeah, but this was before the whole halloway thing".

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger MDS said...

Thanks for the google searches, Ace. It's funny, I actually just used that "deuce and a half" line from "There's Something about Mary" describing a woman I sat next to on the train.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous HANDSTAND said...

Ace - you don't have to lie to your audience here. We know you were watching America's Got Talent live. Its ok. Embrace it.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Chilly Jackwater said...

Trey's kat rapes Dakota Fanning in...oh, sorry. I thought we were still playing that game.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks for diggin' into that, Coach. Tell him to amend the shirt, he'll make a lot of new friends if he adds "Where Blonde Youth Dies."

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Ethernet Network Cables said...

You always surprised me with your blogs.You got an amazing mind and experience that you have shared in your blogs.I like to read your blogs every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home