Thursday, July 06, 2006

Freeeee!

I'm off for the rest of the day, and thankfully, for the remainder of the half-fortnight. Now that's a short work-week, one day and a couple hours in the office, almost four full days off. Kiss my grits.

I promise to return refreshed and at the ready on Monday after a couple of "epic face-melting" GRAB shows in Jones Beach and Bethel (site of the original Woodstock, where the stench of patchouli and joblessness still remains), the long-awaited World Cup Final between a bunch of whiny divers and snooty whiteflagwavers, and some quality time with the family.

Just remember, there's only one Thierry Henry, but Italy takes it 1-0 while scooting by on a Vespa. Just to scare the children before I go, I'll leave you with this picture of future French talisman Franck Ribery:

Slack Video of the Day: Lost in the Ashlee (sp?) Simpson lip synching fiasco is the fact that a handful of groups and artists used to turn out some fantastic improvised music on the Saturday Night Live stage. I recently came across an old SNL featuring Blind Melon (with a splash of Jason Patric and Farley in a the bee girl costume) playing No Rain, and let me tell youse, it's quite wonderful.

Slack Song of the Day: Sorry to inundate you with the Music of the Spunions, but I think you'll really dig this tune. The best GRAB song of the tour thus far has clearly been Suskind Hotel, a new Cactus song that they're nailing every night.

The Hartford version from 7/3 has a stretch from 4:30 to 7:30 that is simply outstanding, and the PNC version from 7/1 is as mesmerizing as any Phish we heard after the hiatus. Even if you're not a fan of this stuff, even if you like to bathe regularly and abstain from nitrous, I strongly you to listen to the Hartford Suskind.

Slack Helping a Brotha Out of the Day: My roommate and his novia need some help on a very quick survey. So if you've got three minutes to kill, click here to be transported to the magical land of jukeboxes and bars and questions about jukeboxes and bars. Do it.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

I don't know what it is, but the fact that the person who uploaded that video onto YouTube spelled Saterday [sic] wrong really bothers me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home