Monday, July 17, 2006

Shit...It's Light Out

Is it possible to be hungover for two days? Now I can tell you, it is when you're a 27-year-old pussy with the tolerance of an underweight schoolgirl on an empty stomach. I might still actually be drunk.

Ordinarily weddings are enough to get me good and toasty, and this one was no exception. But throw in the 10 games of post-marital Beirut we found necessary to play until 6 am, and you've got an Ace that nearly vomited on the 22nd Street pavement.

And as good as the cocktail hour forschbice* and filet mignon were at the Battery Park Ritz-Carlton, the three grilled cheese halves, onion rings, freedom fries and much-needed grease I consumed at the diner down the street before passing out were that much better.

As such, being slightly brain dead from Friday's cracker-related activities and Saturday night's near reversal of Peristalsis Trail, and being inundated with work that I have no interest in completing, I must take the day off from this here rag. We'll see youse tomorrow.

Slack Video of the Day: I'd get on this before the Google folks find out and yank it for copyright infringement...but someone alerted me to this Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz synch up on Google Video, and it looks to be much better than that time you did it in your dorm room and couldn't figure out exactly when to start the album.

Slack Submitted Link of the Day: Frequent commenter MDS sent this one over yesterday, the top 10 unintentionally worst company URLs, like Therapist Finder's website, therapistfinder.com -- "I'll take The Rapists for $600, Trebek."

Slack Non-Submitted Link of the Day: Any story with a lede this awesome has to be worth reading...and it is: "THE secret slaughter of at least 10,000 racing greyhounds by one man has been exposed by an undercover investigation." Read on, doglovers, if only for the always exciting phrase "canine killing fields."

Slack Song of the Day: It's been a little while since I've taken advantage of the ol' StreamStash website, so here goes: Werewolves of London & Excitable Boy (Warren Zevon), Rich Girl (Hall & Oates live), This Must Be the Place (Talking Heads), Cracklin' Rosie (Neil Diamond), and an ol' standby, Sinnerman (Nina Simone).

*Yiddish for appetizer. Yiddish is hilarious. Use that word, it's good.

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

I think I got that Floyd/Oz sync up right once out of 30 tries in college. The 30-rack beforehand didn't help, I'm sure. The most impressive part of that is at the 19:30 mark, where she lands in Oz. Just an awesome segue with "Money". One of my all-time favorite albums, never gets old.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

For all you colleged-aged kids out there, I'd recommend an old favorite:

Instead of the Wizard of Oz, cue up Trinity and Beyond, the Atomic Bomb Movie, narrated by Bill "Rock Et Man" Shatner. It's just footage from a bunch of nuclear bombs going off. You can start Dark Side at any point of the movie and it works. I believe "Baker" blew up a couple times right as they sing "Breathe".

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger dhodge said...

FWIW, the #2 site on the funny domain names list actually experts-exchange, not expertsexchange. Either way, it's pretty much useless, so I have no problem having a good laugh at its expense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home