Friday, September 15, 2006

Caption Contest

From the photo desk of ScottyB, have a go at this one here...

"She's no Materazzi, but I'm one second away from headbutting this chick right in the fucking tits."

What you got, folks? Obviously there's plenty to work with here...

Slack Link of the Day: Gawker's latest venture in its quest to take over the Internets is a rock music blog called Idolator. I, for one, welcome our new music blog overlords. So far the site looks like something I'll never actually click on voluntarily, but if it metamorphosizes into anything like its cousin Deadspin, I think it'll catch on pretty quickly. Good luck to them, I s'pose.

(And as a quick tease for youse, Gawker ain't the only one launching a music blog these days. Stay tuned for a big announcement from your very own Ace Cowboy on a new venture of his own in the coming weeks. Something major this way comes...)

Slack Video of the Day: Too soon? Good lord, Norm MacDonald stopped by The Daily Show last night and just laid down some Steve Irwin comedy gold on an unsuspecting audience. I really love Norm, one of the more underrated comedians of the 15 years. Mildred!

Slack Song of the Day: Rainy days always bring out the soul in me -- there really isn't anything better in this world than listening to some soul music while the precipitation precipitates. And since I feel like we ain't seen the sun in weeks in NYC, let's call up to the stage Ms. Aretha Franklin from the 1971 Montreux Jazz Festival, backed by the seriously solid King Curtis & The Kingpins. Seriously, this rocks.

22 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

"I really understand Lance right now."

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

What are you doing with that Microphone?

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Fuck, noonan stole my Lance Bass joke!

That McDonald rift last night almost made my head explode. If I could have a beer with any man alive, he now gets my vote.

Oh, I got it:

"This sucks. I wish I was dead."

Damn it. Damn you, Noonan!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger hoobs said...

Timberlake filming the video for his updated, white remake of the Sir-Mix-A-lot classic "Baby Got Back(and saggy tig-ole bitties)"

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Ha, that Lance joke is quality right there...

My buddy Monk had a good one last night: "There will be NO wardrobe malfunctions here."

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger ScuffyMcgee said...

"If there is a God, George Carlin will pop up out of the fucking ground in a telephone booth!"

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Actaully, now that I think about it, isn't that the same facial expression Zack Morri would pull seconds before calling a "Time Out?"

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

"Where's Zinedine Zidane when you need him? Get this guido beast away from me!"

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger ScuffyMcgee said...

"I really wish these pigs would go 'Bye Bye Bye'"

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

"I wonder if the one on my left tastes like capicola."

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If these ladies are from Kansas City, I think we can call this mystery solved....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyatt_Regency_walkway_collapse

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Sisto said...

"Justin Timberlake goes for more street cred by expressing his love of heavyset white women."

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Michael said...

"Do you see that? That is the face of ultimate suffering. I made it when my father was murdered twenty years ago. Justin Timberlake makes it now."

Yes I like the Princess Bride, what of it?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

20 years into the future...

Timberlake... "Britney.. damn bitch.. I knew you'd never drop the birth weight.. but Jamie Lynn too.. Glad I got outta this family of pigs when I did...K-Fed... these porkers are ready to be herded back to the trailer park..." (The faint sound of a cow bell and someone yelling SUUUUUUU EEEEEEEEEE in the background.)

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When asked how he would handle these large ladies, Timberlake said" Roll em' in flour and go for the wet spot."

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

I wasn't aware that Justin Timberlake was so popular with pregnant women.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Trix said...

"After seeing these chicks, fucking Cameron Diaz doesn't seem so bad."

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

The only Italian blood the girl on the right has in her is the small Italian boy she ate and stole that jacket from....

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Gigohead said...

I agree with Alex Fritz, if I can choose to have a beer with any man alive it would be Norm. He has a killer night -- if Dave Letterman would have allowed Norm to curse the night before, he won't have come off as so shakey. www.normnews.com.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

"I'm Bringin' Sexy Back... to Haagen Dazs."

(I'm really skinny now. I can finally make fat jokes.)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

i've been watching that norm clip all day. i nearly fell out of bed last night watching it.

if you could ever find a clip of norm on the old dennis miller show when he did his bit on being proud of your gay son, i'd blow you. or just thank you. probably the latter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home