Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Open Thread: Staring Blankly

I'm a total Schiavo right now. I'm going on limited sleep following a four-day bender of sorts, where the setlist looks something like this:

Don & Irene's Rehearsal Dinner > Post-Rehearsal Dinner Bar Night* > Wedding Shit and Official Pictures > Raucous Wedding** > Wedding Brunch > NFL Football with the fellas > Trey @ Webster Hall Night One^ > Full Day of Work*** > Trey @ Webster Hall Night Two^

*Handstand the Younger found later on the bar bathroom floor
**somehow with repeated chants of my name all night by the band
***with "nodding off at the desk" teases
^Big Red & Co. were more on fire than a Great White show

So, with a heavy heart and dimwitted brain, I must issue a warning that it'll be slow goings today here at Slack while I complete my business and earn my keep. Instead, I turn the blog over to the inmates: Sound off on whatever the hell youse wanna discuss...

Slack Link of the Day: Wanna know what's even better than an article showing the incredibly mismanaged Democratic Party has a serious chance to take back the House? Pie charts!

Slack Video of the Day: Allright, bear with me...I know, I know, two days in a row of heady heady grilled cheese eatin' hippie shit ain't what you're lookin' for. But until the new music venture officially gets off the ground (this week?), this is where I'm spouting my love of redheaded raunchy-toned guitarists and lighting geniuses that luck out and get to play smaller venues like Webster Hall.

Night Two of Trey's CD release party certainly did not disappoint, and I couldn't be happier with my last-minute decision to attend the second night of the homestand. The Mr. Completely jam may just have been the best thing I've heard Trey's bands play since the breakup of the popular rock band Phish, and I'm waiting intently and patiently for the My Friend > Guyute > My Friend acoustic with the string quintet to surface on YouTube. Other videos from last night's fiasco fiesta: Push On Til the Day and Heavy Things.

Slack Song of the Day: Because I work for you, what's the opposite of all this Trey schtick? Faith No More's Epic.

7 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger R2K said...

: )

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Well, I was going to wax on and on heavy heartidly about the issue's facing the world in Darfur, Sudan, but now that I see there is another "alex" posting here, I'm a little flustered.

WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTUMBO!!!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Alex P. Keaton said...

Hey, um, am I late for the convention?

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger SuperDee said...

Couple more vids from yours truly:

Push On 'Til the Day | Waiting for "The Note" - DSky

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Chefra said...

SAND!
Shit was funnnnnky!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

did trey play mostly solo stuff or phish stuff, I've been thinkinbg about checking out his show at the wiltern next month but I don't want to go if its all his solo stuff.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Mostly solo stuff, but that includes his pre-Phish breakup solo stuff, some of which is awesome and was incorporated into the Phish repertoire.

If the Wiltern show is ANYTHING like the Webster Hall shows, I'll be fucking pissed if you don't go. But two caveats: first, there will be no string quintet, which made these shows awesome, and secondly, this is nothing like a Phish show and you gotta know that going in.

But this band is on fire right now, with Jeff Sipe kicking ass and taking names on the drums. Watch some of these videos, and if you like what you see (Mr. Completely, Push on Til the Day), make it your beeswax to be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home