Wednesday, October 11, 2006

You Just Blew My Mind

So I'm sure by now you've all heard a small aircraft crashed into a building on New York's Upper East Side. While terrorism has been all but ruled out, someone just pointed out to me that 9/11/01 turned upside down is 10/11/(0)6. That's fuckin' trippy, man.

Update: Minds are blown even more...apparently Cory Lidle died in this plane crash, one of the stranger developments I could ever imagine. Just fucking crazy; craisins even. It's a terrible joke, but I just got a text message from Scuffy McGee that read, "I never knew Cory Lidle was Muslim." Too soon for sure, my friend.

It's seriously insane to think that had the Yankees not completely blown the ALDS, Lidle and his flight instructor would still be alive right now. The Tigers are certainly with the terrorists. Also, I hope Mike & the Mad Dog feel a bit guilty about this, as they beat the shit out of him on the air and twisted everything he said the other day.

Cory Lidle, may you rest in peace.

14 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I work across the street from the building that was hit. It didn't take me long to realize that today is the 11th, which means...something, I guess.

We're all okay, seems like. Still determining.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Betty said...

are you smoking at work again? my mom just called to ask me if I was in that building and I told her no, dad's check bounced.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger SuperDee said...

whoa, the tv is telling me it was cory lidle's plane? that should be of interest to you yankees people...

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous mitch said...

On the radio here (Wisconsin) they just covered that story, and the traffic guy said he knew whose plane it was. He said it was registered to Yankees pitcher (?) (I didn't catch the name). Apparently, a joke of some sort.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Cory Lidle NY Yankees Pitcher. Bummer.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous mitch said...

I guess not a joke. I didn't figure the traffic guy would know more about the story than the regular DJ.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first Yankee to hit something this October?

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous chad said...

Actually 09/11/06 upside down/backwards would be 10/11/60, but I am with you.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Kevin, that's pretty good stuff, however crude and too soony.

My father just called to say, "Did you hear they traded Lidle to Heaven?" Like father...

This is a fucking sad, sad story.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I thought it was too soon but then I thought...what the fuck would Ace do.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jason Mulgrew said...

A joke I wish I thought of:

"A-Rod should have been piloting that plane - that way, it wouldn't have hit anything."

ZING!

And I'm sorry.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Check out the Wikipedia Entry on Corey Lidle. Actually, since it will probably change soon because of its toosoonishness I'll just quote it here:


Corey Lidle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
New York Yankees pitcher that reportedly died after flying his small plane into a Manhattan building on October 11, 2006.

His aim is bad.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Lidle"

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Wow... weird stuff.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

What... are the internets off today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home