Monday, November 27, 2006

'Allo, Guv'nuh

It started innocently enough with a jazzy show at Tonic and ended with a shitty Marvin Harrison Sunday night performance that could spell trouble for my strangely unlucky fantasy football team. In between, well, a whole lotta cool shit happened.

Wed - Sun Thanksgiving Set: Marco Benevento/Joe Russo/Bobby Previte/Mike Dillon at Tonic, full Thanksgiving day on Lawn Gisland > obligatory The Last Waltz viewing*, impressive three-set RAQ show at a Polish nightclub in Greenpoint Brooklyn** > 6 am SportsCenter > 3 pm Wakeup***, mildly entertaining Notre Dame/USC first half > Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood at Bowery Ballroom, wildly entertaining Manchester United/Chelsea draw > dominating J-E-T-S victory^ > Giants disaster > Colts/Eagles Whatevs enc: Crash Hard

*with 30th Anniversary teases
**aptly titled "On The L" show
*** hour-long start/stop snooze jam
^Kerry Rhodes for Defensive MVP Campaign begins


But perhaps the most exciting thing I did this weekend was my booking a weeklong trip to London for late January/early February. Don Fiedler, Handstand the Younger and myself -- with the possible addition of Jacob Zebra and Bart Starbux -- will be jumping across the pond for an eight-day, seven-night Premiership Extravaganza, seeing three top-flite games and whatever else comes our way in one week's time. Those British are gonna love the Three Jerk Tour.

Now, here's where you come in...I've never asked you for shit, right? Never once for a dollar, never once for a handjob? Have I ever once requested your hand in killing my neighbor's cats, or ever for a foot in sticking it up my boss' ass? We've written 1,400 posts on this here blog and I've never collected a single dime, never received a basket of swag and I've never ejaculated onto a Slack groupie's chest.

I'm calling in my favor now: We don't wanna pay a lot for this muffler, so we need connections to tickets at any football stadium in or around London proper. So if you know ANYBODY with any sort of connections, please either e-mail me at slacklalane@yahoo.com or post something helpful in the comments section below. I'll love you long time.

Slack Link of the Day: This thing's pretty cool -- Canstruction, the Society for Design Administration's unique competition to make a contribution in the fight against hunger.

Slack Video of the Day: Oh, how I miss Mr. Show...here's a great one called The Audition that used to crack me up to no end.

Slack Song of the Day: Why not, Neil Diamond's Cracklin' Rosie.

4 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

there's no way you make it through this trip without having a bottle, or something, broken over your face.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

One can only hope...I wanna make friends with some bruisers and re-arrange some British smiles.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger ScuffyMcgee said...

Ace,

I can't believe that you wouldn't have attended the six fingered man's most recent production over this long weekend.

How do I join the Kerry Rhodes campaign?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I tried to see it last weekend, there were no seats, had to get a refund, and then I really didn't have much time to see it this weekend. I'll catch it soon. I mean, that movie will not leave the theatres without me having seen it.

The Kerry Rhodes Campaign is easy to join -- just fly down to Miami in February and meet up with Gang Green.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home