Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Shleepsh For Babiesh

I'm not sure why this guy gets his own post, but part of me feels like he should have his own television show. I'd clearly watch it.



Slack Link of the Day: Chances are you haven't heard of this yet, but I think much is about to be made over Rep.-elect Keith Ellison's announcement that he wants to be sworn into Congress on the Koran, not the Bible. After all, Ellison is the first Muslim to hold federal office in this country. Dennis Prager at the wildly conservative Town Hall takes the first shot at the Minnesota Democrat, saying the newly elected Congressman "should not be allowed to do so."

Something tells me this is going to be a much bigger deal as we approach January than it needs to be. But my first impression is, who the fuck cares? I mean, there's only one train of though that makes sense to me: If we're asking this guy to swear to God that he'll uphold the office, why don't we want him to swear to his own God? Everything else is secondary. Meanwhile, read Prager's article, it's pretty funny to me that people actually think like that.

Slack Video of the Day: This Family Guy Top Ten clip show is pretty good, but c'mon, there is no real top ten without the "I'm not really a horse, I'm really a broom" or "You're a McDonald, not a whore" vignettes from the brilliant 15 Minutes of Shame episode.

Slack Song of the Day: Just a reminder that tonight is the last of Marco Benevento's five-night Wednesday Novemberstand down at Tonic on the Lower East Side. This evening he's dining with Reed Mathis and Matt Chamberlain, and I'll probably be at the late show. Here are some Duo tunes in honor of this evening: Something For Rockets, Play Pause Stop, and Echo Park.

7 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usher needs to get some cooler friends.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

dude, that video made me sad.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That video made me horny.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Ballack! Tor! Schlagobers!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That reporter had a LONG interview with that weirdo, and that God for that.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Rashid Z. Muhammad said...

For me the absence of the "Brian betta have my money" episode completely invalidates the Family Guy list as well.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Wookies sure have changed over the past few years. Come back, PHISH... they need you now more than ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home