Monday, November 20, 2006

Squeezing Out The Juice

OJ's been tackled for a big loss: "After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special If I Did It."

But the real story here is that I beat the Sports Guy to an admittedly easy joke, and while every time we share an opinion he gets the better of me, this time I think I've won.

To be fair, here's what he wrote on Friday: "I think O.J. was jealous of all my jokes about the Tyson Zone. Fine, O.J. You win. We'll call it the O.J. Zone from now on. By the way, let's pray that this doesn't lead a series of If I Did It, Here's How It Happened sports specials with Tonya Harding, Pete Rose, Kobe, Tyson and others, although it WOULD be fun to hear David Stern explain how he suspended MJ for 18 months and forced him to go play minor league baseball because of his gambling escapades under the If I Did It, Here's How It Happened umbrella. That would be riveting."

The lesson here is clear, bloggers own columnists' faces...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home