Friday, December 08, 2006

Guest-Blogging is the New Blogging, Vol II

Mulgrew asked me to contribute a few words on his blog is his absence, so that's what I've been doing all morning. Oh right, and working, I was totally working my arse off. Here's a link to the piss-poor crapola I just threw up over there, and do me a favor, save the righteous indignation about how I've been writing on every blog on the world wide web except this one.

I just totally reminded myself of the scene in Desperado where Tarantino tells that horribly awesome story about the guy pissing everywhere except the glass. I love that story. I love Tarantino. I love that movie. I love lamp. Too easy on that last one? Probably.

Slack Link of the Day: Everyone else is covering this Conan story, so I'll join in the fun -- "Two nights ago Conan O’Brian had a comedy sketch about NCAA Mascots and one of them was the “Horny Manatee” and there was this really goofy costumed actor doing some silly dance in front of a lap top. At the end of the sketch Conan says 'You can see this at www.hornymanatee.com.'

The next day the NBC legal and standards department calls him and says because he mentioned a fake web address they were obliged to buy it. So for the next 10 years, at $159, Conan O’Brian’s show owns the domain of HornyManatee.com." (Thanks AGU for the tip)

Slack Blog Link of the Day: A late addition to this post that I forgot to attach earlier -- check out Ahren's latest two-part adventure, first dogging the shit out of Pedro Gomez, and second ripping to pieces some poor schmuck that tried to defend Gomez. I can't stand Gomez, so I'm totally with Ahren's assholeness here...I mean, Pedro has one job to do, to tail Barry Bonds and report every move he makes, and yet he does it so poorly, with no journalism skills whatsoever, that I can't imagine how many photos he has of ESPN higher-ups engaged in crazy amounts of ass sex. Must be Caligula kind of shit.

Slack Video of the Day: A blog called DoCopenhagen has posted The Top 50 Videos of 2006 -- I've never heard of most of these tunes, but it's cool beans.

Slack Song of the Day: Ween's Piss Up a Rope, studio version.

16 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

People have been saying "I love lamp" and wearing t-shirts that say "I love lamp" for quire a while now. I just found out that it was from Anchorman like two weeks ago. I had been very confused. It sort of worries me that Will Farrel movies are becoming quotable movies. Kids these days just don't get that "I love lamp" cannot hold a candle to "Rapist wit" or "You take drugs, Danny?" or "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever fuckin' do it again."

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Oh man, I think you're really selling Ferrell short here -- Anchorman is a true classic and totally stands up to those other three you mentioned. And apparently you haven't seen it, so I'm not sure how you can judge...

I can understand when people dog Ferrell on the SNL cheerleaders skits or the Ricky Bobby movie, but Anchorman is up there with the funniest movies of the last 15 years.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

ferrel is hit or miss. it's either the gold that is anchorman or the feces that is elf. i always wait till dvd.

also, do you require payment for guest-blogging? what would you charge if you were to guest-blog for me on monday?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Anchorman is very quotable, but I refuse to quote it for another three years, until it is waaaaay out of style.

I'd ask you to guest blog for me, Ace, but I'm afraid you'd just hypertext the three readers I have to either this here site or "hidden track" 19 times in 18 sentences.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger ahren said...

ahren's a dick

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Guest-blogging sucks balls, and I'm done with it. Forever. The pressure of writing for a new audience is unbearable. Well, not really at all, but I just realized last night in a very "end of Doogie Hoswer" kind of way that I enjoy writing only seven blogs at a time and that I have no time for more. And when I say "end of Doogie Howser," I mean the computer diary part, not the obvious joke these days.

It's funny, I really don't think I've quoted Anchorman on this blog or anywhere else...I just had nothing there and went for the easy out. Easy outs are essential.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

"And apparently you haven't seen it, so I'm not sure how you can judge..."

No, I saw it like two weeks ago. That's when I found out that "I love lamp" was from the movie. I thought it was okay. But most of what I laughed at did not involve Ferrell himself. I think Will Ferrell can make a good supporting character, but not a lead (see e.g. Old School). I think he does a good George Bush impression and a few other impressions, but I hope I never see him fall down, sweat profusely or take his shirt off again. Anchorman isn't even in the same ballpark as Caddyshack, Major League, Dumb and Dumber or a gazillion other movies. I mean that in terms of quality and quotability.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger The Letter D said...

Nice job on Mulgrew.

Guest blogging was harder than I thought.

Now I can get back to not updating my own blog.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Sisto said...

DannyNoonan, I think I'm going to have to ask you to leave now.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

What a schill. I'm fully expecting to watch a 3d-rate boxing match on ESPN2 at 11:30 this Friday and seeing some Latino tomato can with "HiddenTrack.com" tattooed on his back.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That would be a horrendous waste of cash for me, Donnie, if I sent people to the wrong URL. "I gave the man the wrong finger."

Sisto's right, Noonan, you're terrible. You're outta here. No more Noonans around here, please. Better yet, everyone get the fuck outta here. You too, Fiedler.

Fuck all. Except Letter D, he's cool. And I suck too. No gang.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Wow. I didn't realize you guys were so into Will Ferrell sweating and taking his shirt off. My bad.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jason Mulgrew said...

Jesus, Ace - two links to your own blog, a link to your hippie blog, your email address and a request for booby pictures - all for a forwarded joke???

Sheesh. I should charge you (as opposed to Lozo asking if you got paid for that).

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger John Flowers said...

"Anchorman" has five of the funniest minutes you'll ever see in a film.

Oh, and nice job on the Mulgrew site. The way I'd heard the joke, the robots had been given sombreros.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

""Anchorman" has five of the funniest minutes you'll ever see in a film."

Which 5 minutes? Or were they spread out over the whole 120 minute movie?

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

You reap what you sow, J. That's why my parents never went on vacation. And it probably explains why they beat me routinely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home