Monday, December 18, 2006

What's That Red Dot?

Like most New Yorkers, the roommates and I outsource the job of deep cleaning the 13 square feet of our apartment to a lovable non-citizen that has a copy of our keys.

We mistakenly scheduled the December scrubbing to coincide with the first day of my quasi-vacation, and when she busted into my room at 9:30 am and shockingly exclaimed "Oh, you're here?," it took all of my willpower to withhold the retort "And you can be too, sweet-ass." Unlike Costanza, I don't have a cashmere sweater to give her.

She's come and gone, and now the apartment smells minty fresh: I feel like I'm taking bong hits full of pine trees right now. I think I'll watch SportsCenter for the fourth time since last night, throw in a movie and go outside to take in this blizzard of unseasonable warmth.

But since I'm around all week long with an agenda of "nothing at all," I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other 'round here.

Slack Link of the Day: It's official, 'Melo got 15 games. So does this mean we'll see Iverson in a Nuggets uniform sooner rather than later?

Slack Video of the Day: While we're mentioning Seinfeld in this post, here's a video with the new face of evil that would be much funnier if it weren't so long. I love creative shit like this, though, so it gets my full stamp of approval.

Slack EPL Goal of the Weekend: In an effort to drive away as many readers as possible, allow me to indulge myself in a soccer fix every Monday. A great weekend of Premiership action finally brought the four best English clubs to the top of the table (with my Liverpool now in sole possession of third after an "indifferent" start).

Didier Drogba probably had the most important and best-drilled strike of the weekend, but check out Matty Taylor's sweet left-footed volley that put Portsmouth up 2-0 on Arsenal, all part of his calculated plan to score the goal of the season (you may remember his wonder strike against from last weekend).

Slack Song of the Day: It's been a long time since I've posted any Tea Leaf Green in this space, so I guess I'll do that now -- here's some action from the 3/11/05 at the Mystic that's sure to fuck you up good: Warmup, Professor's Blues, Sex in the 70s and Georgie P.

7 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

i thought i was lazy for dropping off laundry with the asians. what does it cost to have a mexican or two clean your pad? i'm intrigued.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger The Bourbon Samurai said...

Man could I use some honduran cleaning folk. My filthy hovel is extra-filthy.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Steppenwolf Prukaz said...

You see Huddlestone's goal against Man City?

Pretty sweet.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I did, Prukaz, I did. Huddlestone probably had THE goal of the weekend, yet when I woke up and decided to do the recap, I completely forgot about his. He also missed one that could've been just as good if I remember...

Lozo, she comes every 4-6 weeks, and we pay her about $65 or $70. Divided by three of us, that's about $20 or so for a super-clean apartment every month or month and a half. It's worth it for the terlets and shower alone, but for an added finsky, she'll even sniff your boxers and write down what you had for lunch the day you wore them. Great girl.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

she comes every 4-6 weeks? just like your girlfriend? zing!

but seriously, that sounds pretty sweet. i didn't realize she scrubbed the showers, too. i'm definitely looking into this.

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Greg said...

If you get a good one, she'll do your laundry too

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Or, if you are really good about it, you won't pay her shit and you can call her your "girlfriend". It's been working for me for years. She cleans all the time, but she doesn't come every 4-6 weeks and I am okay with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home