Link Dump, Rub It All In
It's been a bounce-back week for Slack, with my return to posting normalcy and a fair amount of discussion 'round these here parts.
But I've got nothing special cookin' today, unlike Monday when I'll be serving up some collard greens and fried chicken when Fuzzy Zoeller comes by for our annual MLK celebration. Actually, I'll be working on Monday, which is ironic in some generally racist sense.
- Deadspin alerts us there's now a Nation of Islam Sports Blog, and after about six seconds on the site, I already love it. I'll likely forget about it tomorrow and never look at it again, but good
allahgod that's some funny shit. Gotta love a hockey post that contains the sentence: "Knowing full well the Negro athlete has a traditional distaste for performing on or in water."
- Three-dimensional urban murals are fucking awesome. This awesome guy deserves an award of some kind...maybe a Cleo, but probably not.
- Just what we need, more fuckin' fat-asses at Major League Baseball stadiums: The Dodgers are opening an all-you-can-eat section in right field next year. I mean, is there really a demand for gorging buffets out in the City That Never Eats? I can understand this move in Milwaukee and St. Louis, but in the town of Flockhart? Craisins.
- You may need a username and pass for this if you click on it after today, but here's a really cool piece from the WSJ about bloggers outing people performing societal wrongs like talking too loudly on their cell phones.
- What’s the connection between Borat and The Wetlands? Double J Jesse Jarnow tells us it’s all about a woman
- Ladies and gentlemen, a new drink: Meth Coffee.
- And finally, here's the lede of the day: "India on Friday ordered two television channels to apologize for showing footage of a man dressed as revered Indian freedom icon Mahatma Gandhi performing a pole dance and brandishing an AK-47 rifle."
And on one final note, if you're not watching 30 Rock, you're missing out on the next great Thursday night comedy. Holy fuck that was a hilarious show last night. Allright, sports fans and SportsCreme, back to this shiite we call work...Yahtzee.