Friday, January 12, 2007

Link Dump, Rub It All In

It's been a bounce-back week for Slack, with my return to posting normalcy and a fair amount of discussion 'round these here parts.

But I've got nothing special cookin' today, unlike Monday when I'll be serving up some collard greens and fried chicken when Fuzzy Zoeller comes by for our annual MLK celebration. Actually, I'll be working on Monday, which is ironic in some generally racist sense.
  • Deadspin alerts us there's now a Nation of Islam Sports Blog, and after about six seconds on the site, I already love it. I'll likely forget about it tomorrow and never look at it again, but good allah god that's some funny shit. Gotta love a hockey post that contains the sentence: "Knowing full well the Negro athlete has a traditional distaste for performing on or in water."
  • Three-dimensional urban murals are fucking awesome. This awesome guy deserves an award of some kind...maybe a Cleo, but probably not.
  • Just what we need, more fuckin' fat-asses at Major League Baseball stadiums: The Dodgers are opening an all-you-can-eat section in right field next year. I mean, is there really a demand for gorging buffets out in the City That Never Eats? I can understand this move in Milwaukee and St. Louis, but in the town of Flockhart? Craisins.
  • You may need a username and pass for this if you click on it after today, but here's a really cool piece from the WSJ about bloggers outing people performing societal wrongs like talking too loudly on their cell phones.
  • What’s the connection between Borat and The Wetlands? Double J Jesse Jarnow tells us it’s all about a woman
  • Ladies and gentlemen, a new drink: Meth Coffee.
  • And finally, here's the lede of the day: "India on Friday ordered two television channels to apologize for showing footage of a man dressed as revered Indian freedom icon Mahatma Gandhi performing a pole dance and brandishing an AK-47 rifle."

And on one final note, if you're not watching 30 Rock, you're missing out on the next great Thursday night comedy. Holy fuck that was a hilarious show last night. Allright, sports fans and SportsCreme, back to this shiite we call work...Yahtzee.

13 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

"Just what we need, more fuckin' fat-asses at Major League Baseball stadiums: The Dodgers are opening an all-you-can-eat section in right field next year. I mean, is there really a demand for gorging buffets out in the City That Never Eats? I can understand this move in Milwaukee..."

I resent that. We eat so much durring the three hours we spend in the parking lot before the game that we don't need an all-you-can-eat section in the stadium. Actually, when I was in law school in Madison, WI the local minor league team had an all you can eat AND drink section sponsored by one of the local brew-pubs for like $20 a ticket. It was awesome.

That 3D artist is is pretty cool. I take the Miller Brewery tour like 5 times a year and that wall in the fermenting room blows my mind whenever I see it. I always assumed it was mostly because I was drunk though.

Wow Ace, two peripheral mentions of my city in one post. And only one of them was an insult!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Is saying the people of Wisconsin are fat an insult? Isn't that, like, ya know, fact? Sure it's a sweeping generalization, but it's also statistically true. Although, I'm pretty sure Wisco went from Fattest State to Second or Third Fattest State, so that is commendable.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Actually, we're towards the middle of the country in fatness now. Almost the entire south is now fatter than us. With Mississippi and Texas leading the fat charge. Some fat stats place us as comparable to California and (gasp) New York in percentage of obese people. Here is a helpfull map of where all the fatties live:
http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/fattest-states-2006-larger.jpg

Men's Fitness rated the top 25 fittest and fattest cities last year and ranked Milwaukee #5 for Fittest. New York City was #25 Fattest. I do question their ranking mechanism. But I'm just saying that we're not as fat as you may hve been led to believe. But we do eat totally unhealthy food (e.g. deep fried cheese curds) and drink tons of beer.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous mitch said...

Right. Take a stab at the whole state, and you're probably right, but aiming at Milwaukee is probably not the best target, as danny said. Here's one just released: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/portland_news/1167423909299140.xml&coll=7

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Jesus fuck, does the rest of Wisconsin have a baseball team? Maybe they should change the steretype from Fattest State to Most Self-Conscious and Defensive State...

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous mitch said...

Just one baseball team, one football team, and one basketball team, but they all actually play their home games in our state.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

All the fatties are dying off faster than they can count them. So, I think the numbers may be skewed.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Who's being self-conscious and defensive? I just love my city and want you and your readers to know that we're not that fat.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Someone please change the topic...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Sorry. I guess I need to lay off the Meth Coffee.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous mitch said...

I thought it was link day. I just wanted to add my topical link. Oh well, we can always just talk about moosecock.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

new topic: andy pettitte and roger clemens. gay? or really gay?

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Fatty fatty fat fat!

These comments are making me hungry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home