Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Warshington

Allright, folks, I'm off to our nation's glorious capital in an hour. And every time I head down there, I can't help but think of how great of a country we have. This is our country. Somebody should really write a song about that. And play it a lot. On Sundays. All day.

Mellencamp begins to defend himself [NYT]:
“People say I sold out,” John Mellencamp said, explaining his decision to license a song for a Chevrolet commercial. “No, I got sold out. Sometime during the ’90s record companies made the decision that us guys who had been around for a long time and had sold millions of records and were household names just weren’t as interesting as girls in stretch dresses.”
Sounds about right, Johnny. Get out there and wage a PR war against oversaturation. After a ditty like that, I'll take your side every time.

Slack Link of the Day: You gotta be shitting me -- the MLB Extra Inning package is no longer an option for regular schmucks like us. DirectTV, you suck big floppy donkey dick.

Slack Video and Song of the Day: Danjaboots last night. 'Nuff said.

9 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger hoobs said...

That Mellencamp argument is BS. I care less about him selling out than I do about the shite-ness of that song. For God sakes, man, put the Cougar back in your name and create some songs that don't make my ears bleed.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger NewmRadio said...

I'm with hoobs on that one. Oh, poor bitter Mellencamp. If the song weren't so shitty, it would have never been used.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Maulleigh said...

Oh John Cougar: can your supermodel wife tame you?

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Jude said...

Wait, "stretch dresses"...what is that? Is that the spandex-type deal that covers just below the crotch and hugs the ass just right? That what he means? Well then, yeah, he's not as interesting as that. Agreed, John.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger rainmansuite said...

does mr. cougar honestly believe anyone is sitting around debating whether or not he "sold out"?

fuck man, license that "jack and diane" shit. that's mucho denaro.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Chilly Jackwater said...

Dear Coug....I'll let you in on what someone once told me, and I - in turn - pass it along to you: I fight authority, and authority always wins. (I'll say that again.) I fight authority, and AUTHORITY always wins. I've been doing it since I was young and I come out grinning.

Now I know that growing up, leads to growing old, and that leads to dying. And dying - to you - may not sound all that fun. (SO I'll just say it again): I fight authority and authority always wins.

Yours,
Chilly

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

"The album’s most striking songs, though, display a more intimate depiction of the small-town life that Mr. Mellencamp, 55 and a lifelong Indiana resident, knows so well. The acoustic “Rural Route” is an account of a crystal meth-fueled murder in which the victim’s body was found at the edge of his parents’ property."

Don't I fucking know it, Cougs, nothing depicts small-town life like a crystal meth-fueled murder. Jerkoff.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Why does DirectTV suck?

MLB isn't obligated to sign an exclusive deal. It's not even that much money. 700 million is less than 25mil per team, or roughly 4 million per team per year. The real reason they are doing it is to drive people unwilling to buy Direct TV to their overpriced MLB.com offering.

If anyone sucks, MLB sucks

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

The concept of DirecTV sucks. The fact that leagues are tempted to put their televised offerings on DirecTV exclusively sucks. Clearly, MLB sucks. Meth-fueled murder sucks too. But don't tell me that DirecTV doesn't suck. Would you say that guns don't suck? Angry Joe wasn't obligated to shoot me in the face but the fact that the gun was there didn't help me in the end. So the gun sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home