Thursday, January 18, 2007

We're Talking About Miami Now

My travels agents, Ron and Sheila Albertson, failed to get me the promised good deal on a package to Miami Beach, a week, two weeks. But fuck it, I'm going down there anyway.

I wish it were under better circumstances -- it's not that some old bag died, I'm just going for work -- but I'll be down in Miami for the rest of the week, returning Saturday. And as I was trying to pack up for the trip, I fielded urgent calls regarding my upcoming late January trip to England and Wales for four soccer matches and our now-upcoming March jaunt to Arizona for Cactus League Fantasy Baseball Draft Excursion Weekend. Throw in the Langerado festival in mid-March, and I really best be gettin' out my steel-tipped travelin' boots.

I hate to leave youse in the lurch when you're all so vulnerable and so bored, but it looks like you're on your own today. I'll probably throw up a post on Friday, though, and in the meantime here's something interesting to think about: The Duke kids didn't really rape that black girl and Kobe Bryant didn't really rape that white girl. I say athletes should adhere to a strict "Asians or bust" policy.

Slack Link of the Day: Speaking of Florida, Ron Mexico Mike Vick is at it again, potentially getting busted at Miami International Airport after a secret compartment for traveling with nugs was found in his water bottle, which he was reluctant to throw out. That Vick family really has a knack for staying out of the negative news.

Slack Video of the Day: Someone recently posed the question "Young girls who wear Mom Jeans -- WHY??" I'm not sure if there's an answer to that one, but I'm guessing it's because they want to marry for money and they want you to know it. Regardless of that query and the foolish replies they invoke, Mom Jeans is an incredibly funny concept.

Slack Song of the Day: Let's fall back on an old standby this morning -- here's some God Street Wine from Connecticut College on May 8th, 1999: Nightingale, Hammer & Spike, and Mile By Mile > Hellfire.

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

Say hi to the cubans for me.

(I love those crazy ethnics.)

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous The Brewer Patriot said...

Welcome to my world of unmitigated crapulence for the next few days.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Greg said...

What good is it being Michael Vick if you can't get high (on someone else's dime) any place you want to fly to anyway?

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Anita said...

thanks for posting that "mom jeans" u-tube !!! it's hilarious.

i had no concept of 'mom jeans' when i first saw that on SNL. afterward i had to go through my dresser drawers and toss a couple pair. since i'm not a mom. and 'theoretically' not a geek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home