Monday, February 12, 2007

Be a Contrarian: Put On That Red Light

I'm in total Jesse Spano mode right now -- there's no time, there's never any time -- so I'll just remind everyone politely that The Fucking Police reunited at The Grammys last night and announced a full slate of North American dates at a live rehearsal an hour ago.

Last night wasn't necessarily their best performance on record, but Sting did wear a sleeveless number and Stewart Copeland still looks like a wicked combination of Ted Danson and Andy Dick.

For more details...hey, holy shit, I've got a music blog! And I'm awesome! So just go on over there and check out the tour dates...

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

The Police is a band that I have been saying should reunite for a long time, since they're still fairly young, not fat, etc, and super talented. I'm for sure seeing them if they come to my kneck of the woods. Did you see Oysterhead when they toured(Trey, Stu, and Les Claypool)?

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, I caught Oysterhead, which I openly refer to as "the most underwhelming supergroup of my lifetime."

I liked most of their tunes, and I loved their first show (5/4/00? something like that) and their last show ('Roo 2006)...but everything in the middle live, eh, didn't do it for me. It was almost like all three were so nervous about stepping on each other that they pussyfooted around all night.

As for The Police...well, one thing these guys really have going for them is Sting's voice -- usually reunion acts just don't sound the same. Sting can still pull off the vocals, which is so important for these guys. Throw in the fact that they really can still play well, and this should be one of the better reunion tours in music.

Well, until those Vermont dudes hit the trail...

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

who would you rather see reunite in new york? the police, or pettitte and clemens?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home