Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I've Been Swimming in Raw Sewage

Some of youse expected me to sound off on the Thomas Jones to the Jets trade yesterday. But like the time I walked in on my grandparents fuckin' as the family dog licked some shit, I really don't know what to say here. I love it? Of course I love it. It's a total Schiavo.

The Jets traded down 26 spots in the second round of the NFL draft to #63, but they still own another pick in that round (#59). Even though he split carries with Cedric Benson, Jones has rushed for 2,500 yards over the past two seasons and brings that level of play to a running game that finished 30th out of 32 teams last year. We've got a solid offensive line, we just needed a top-tier running back.

Wanna make a big deal out of his age (29)? Just remember that only once has he rushed the ball more than 300 times in a season. He's got experience but no real wear and tear. He ain't a virgin, but he certainly ain't refusing money to do bukkake scenes just because he loves it so much. I can't confirm that.

So that's it. If we're gonna talk football in March, we might as well talk about the Champions League Round of 16 that's unfolding this week (yesterday and today). My Reds and Fiedler's Blues have both advanced to the final eight, but the two memorable moments from yesterday's action came from unexpected sources: a brilliant goal by Roma winger Mancini in a somewhat shocking 2-0 win and a classic brawl at the end of the Inter v. Valencia match.

I know most of youse couldn't care less about the sport, but check out these videos. If you're not blown away by the athleticism of that Mancini goal I'll refund your money. Just watch as he undresses the defender, totally embarrassing him...



That's gotta be the best one-on-one, create-space-for-yourself goals I've seen this year. Unreal. But it pales in comparison to watching Valencia's David Navarro (not that Dave Navarro) run away from a punch and some scissor tackles like a little girl.



I have no ending for this post, so...stop bothering me.

Slack Link of the Day: You hear about this plane crash in Indonesia? This website has some raw footage of the scene (not the crash).

Slack Song of the Day: I'm stealing this SSOTD from Scotty's Intermezzo post on HT today. From this week's edition of the Grateful Dead's Taper's Section, check out a pretty cool version of the Dead playing Lennon's Watching the Wheels in 1995.

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

since no one else did, just wanted to acknowledge your naked gun quote. love that scene.

and football in march? always ok. futbol in another month? never ok.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

another = any other. damn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home