Friday, March 16, 2007

A Sign of the Apocalypse

Stock up on canned goods, folks. The world is nearing an end.

Something happened last night on The Fox Report with Shepard Smith that defies explanation: I was featured as a legitimate news source. I swear, this is not Photoshopped, this is an actual, albeit hazy, screenshot of the television in my apartment at 7:21 EST.

I'm pretty sure I've beaten the world wide web. The Battle of the Internets has ended, and I have declared myself the victor. I try not to be a huge braggard, but let me take a victory lap here, let me soak this one in, a little Rod Tidwell action.

The YouTube video I posted yesterday (as of publication right now) is the 10th most watched video on the entire sharing site, and the 7th most linked video on the site. More than 100,000 people have watched it and about 300 people have commented on it, mostly fucking morons. Gawker graciously called me a "Citizen Journalist" with great coverage and posted my homemade word "craisins" on its site. I've even licensed the video to several other major news agencies...

This is one of those 36-hour stretches that just makes no sense whatsoever. I'm completely amazed and bewildered. I'm speechless. I am without speech. So, thanks to all of youse that stopped by and read the post -- it made jumping out the window towards gunfire a worthwhile endeavor. Still craisins.

16 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

I, for one, welcome our new internet overlord.

You're the new "boom goes the dynamite" kid.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Passes it to the man...and boom goes the dynamite. I can get used to saying that.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Chilly Jackwater said...

I happened to be on ABC News 2 nights ago (March Madness content). Two wooks featured on major news broadcasts in two days? Stop feeding your dog, because this is a sign of The Brahphacy.

::prepares for "Tweezer Reprise" to be adopted as new National Anthem::

::nominates Fred Savage for UN Secretary General::

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous stealy_fan said...

pffft...you noticed your youtube rating was only one star right? Weak sauce, broseph...

;)

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Chilly, get Ron Artest on the phone and let's do this!

By the way, almost 50,000 views on YouTube right now (as of noon). The cyberwebs never cease to amaze me.

One star? Weak sauce, indeed.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

Cool, I had "Ace Gets Mentioned On FOX News" square in the "Things that will never ever happen, ever" pool.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger dhodge said...

Now that you're part of the Fox News media empire, is it correct to assume that Slack LaLane is going to make an abrupt turn to the hard right?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Sisto said...

You have to promise me that if you ever get on Bill O'Reilly's show you'll set it up for me to punch him in the face. I don't ask for much Ace. I don't ask for much.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous J$ said...

pretty sweet dude...you should put slacklalane in your profile on youtube. maybe you could be interviewed somewhere as "citizen journalist" like the guy who broke the Taco Bell rat story.
-J$
http://velvet-sea.blogspot.com/

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger NewmRadio said...

WOW DOOD! That's mind-blowing! Cheers to Ace!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Lozo said...

nice work, man. you're legit. a real journalist. you'll be on the front lines in iraq in no time.

but hey, shouldn't it have said "ace cowboy" instead of "slack lalane?" you need your credit.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger NewmRadio said...

How'd you get your camera out in time to take the screenshot? You're must be a quick draw!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Congrats!

The fame is great and all, but now you're going to have a bunch of Fox News-reading morons reading your page.

 
At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God, those people commenting on your YouTube videos ARE fucking morons. Jesus Christ... those comments make me want to pull a Lead-Singer-of-Boston-Move and lock myself in a bathroom with two charcoal-burning grills and end it all.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

The YouTube comments make me glad I watched Idiocracy recently...this world really is going to stupidity hell in a handbasket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home